By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Video Games Should Christians Play?

kekrot said:
StarOcean said:
Depends how devoted you are, I guess. My mom is a really religious and wouldnt even let me play Pokemon because it had "evolution, animal abuse, and demonic power" in it. I had to convince her when I was 10 that it was ok :P took forever though XD

My neighbor was in the exact same situation except it was the anime. 

I had to convince her about the anime too. Pokemon the first movie freaked her out because Mewtwo is a Psychic-type :p probably shouldve started her out with a different episode/movie... 

Around the Network

What games should Christians play?

Whatever games they like, don't be a puritan and let faith ruin your fun!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:

If my faith prevents me from enjoying something, then that something that I want to enjoy is contradictory to my faith and to my purpose as a sentient being. My life is meant to glorify God as will my eternity and I will love glorifying HIM and will love HIM always.

Dulfite said:
the2real4mafol said:

If my faith prevents me from enjoying something, then that something that I want to enjoy is contradictory to my faith and to my purpose as a sentient being. My life is meant to glorify God as will my eternity and I will love glorifying HIM and will love HIM always.

I'm sorry but i couldn't live life around something that is likely to be fictional. Religions normally have some good things to say but people always close themselves off from trying something different (especially fundamentalists). Not saying that you are like that, it's your choice to be religious and it's my choice to not have to be.

People can believe whatever they want but just shove it down our throats if we don't care.   

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

the2real4mafol said:

I'm sorry but i couldn't live life around something that is likely to be fictional. Religions normally have some good things to say but people always close themselves off from trying something different (especially fundamentalists). Not saying that you are like that, it's your choice to be religious and it's my choice to not have to be.

People can believe whatever they want but just shove it down our throats if we don't care.   

It's your choice? I don't remember making that choice myself... I couldn't believe even if I wanted to - how do you make yourself believe?

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
the2real4mafol said:

It's your choice? I don't remember making that choice myself... I couldn't believe even if I wanted to - how do you make yourself believe?

I actually have no idea. I guess some people convert to a religion in times of crisis but most are born into it 

StarOcean said:
kekrot said:

My neighbor was in the exact same situation except it was the anime. 

I had to convince her about the anime too. Pokemon the first movie freaked her out because Mewtwo is a Psychic-type :p probably shouldve started her out with a different episode/movie... 

I swear some religious people take that stuff way too damn seriously... :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

the2real4mafol said:
Dulfite said:
the2real4mafol said:

I don't shove it down people's throats. I discuss it when there is a discussion to be made or when one is actively present. I don't force it. Now, I can't say the same thing for myself probably 10 years ago. I've grown a lot since then and have realized that people won't come to Christ by my actions and certainly won't find Christ appealing if I am constantly nagging at them.

Soriku said:
Dulfite said:

As a believer in Christ I too have had this on my mind throughout my gaming years. I just had a discussion with my wife about it before typing this. We both agree that there are videogames that are from the get go unwise for believers to play (because of the cursing, sexuality, and overall crudeness of the game) but there are others that are not inherently evil necesarrily. That being said, ANY video game can become an idol just like ANYTHING enjoyable or painful can become an idol. I've had my moments where I've gotten so obsessed with certain video games that I idolized them. Even to this day just THINKING about playing all the Paper Mario games again makes me so so happy. I have to fight the urge to idolize and adore the things I enjoy in life and simply enjoy them while ONLY adoring my Creator and Savior.

I am, however, a BIG advocate for online missionary work. I have spent many years professing Christ to people in online game/forum settings. I do not say this to boast myself up, but simply to point out that there are a LOT of people who can be reached through the internet.

Share the love brah. You can adore more than one thing. Why does God have to be selfish? It's not like you're literally worshipping Paper Mario are you? 

It's a shame religion can be so anti-human nature.

I wouldn't consider Christianity "religion." Religions are when humans are trying to do something in order to obtain something from some higher power. Christianity is a human admitting that he/she needs Christ not just for salvation, but to be reconciled to God and to be truly free in life. Christians admit to not being able to attribute their salvation through things they've accomplished. We admit to the need for God to intervene in our lives to save us and that is through Christ Jesus.

I do not, nor should ever, adore anything other than God. There are things I enjoy in life that I love to enjoy that I adore God for providing (such as my marriage to my closest sister in Christ; my wife).

God wants what is literally best for us. He loves us so much that he created us, guided us, saved and forgave us despite us constantly doing things against HIM throughout the history of humanity. We don't deserve HIM, yet HE offers HIS love to us regardless through Christ. HE is as far from selfish as anything can be. He isn't FORCING us to be turned to Christ. Those who accept Christ do so willingly and experience a joy I can't quite describe to you.

I was raised in a Christian family and I call myself Christian.

I've never understood this "my faith prevents me from playing this game" thing. I mean violence and sex? I hate to have to burst your bubble, but God made boobs, too. You're not living in faith; you're living in denial of what the world is like. It makes no sense.

Avoiding it because you just don't like it or because a child is too young makes perfect sense, but for most fundies your standard T rated stuff will do fine.