By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Video Games Should Christians Play?

What games should Christians play?

Shin Megami Tensei.

Around the Network

God of War so they can kill the fake deities

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Whether you are a christian or not should not affect what games you choose to play, can't believe some christians allow their belief to have this much affect on their life.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

InnocentSin said:

Shin Megami Tensei.

My thoughts exactly! God i love this game!

spurgeonryan said:
InnocentSin said:

Shin Megami Tensei.

Really? Is there no violence in it or nudity or cussing?

No, it was a joke. SMT games have plenty of religious imagery and tends to put deities in an antagonistic role. If anything, it would probably offend religious people.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Mr.Playstation said:
Whether you are a christian or not should not affect what games you choose to play, can't believe some christians allow their belief to have this much affect on their life.

So I should just play GTA? killing, running over people, stealing, sex, drugs, etc? What kind of message am I sending to my kids if I do this? Why am I doing this?

Video games are a way to experience life without rules, and experiance, experiences which you definately would not do because it goes against everything moral and spiritual in which you believe in. There is nothing wrong with playing Gta because you will not go out and do the same things as an adult. Children on the other hand may go out and do those things because they have still not developed morally. This has nothing to do with christianity.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

spurgeonryan said:
Mr.Playstation said:

So I should just play GTA? killing, running over people, stealing, sex, drugs, etc? What kind of message am I sending to my kids if I do this? Why am I doing this?

don't do it in front of your kids.  Also realize that you're not doing that you're just having a virtual character do it to other virtual people who aren't alive

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Super 3D Noah's Ark

spurgeonryan said:
Mr.Playstation said:

Hm... maybe that there's a difference between real life and video games? That they don't have to limit their experience for basically no reason at all? That they have to learn to deal with different beliefs than their own? That the only way to understand other people is trying to? That you can empathise with a fictional character (or a real person) that doesn't share your beliefs?

Billy Graham's Bible Blaster (can't find a damn clip of this)