By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Video Games Should Christians Play?

bubblegamer said:
MoHasanie said:
Yeah mainly Nintendo and maybe some Disney games.

We're talking about Christians, the serious ones, not kids! lol

Haha true, but they probably won't like other types of games. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Psychotic said:
archer9234 said:

Nearly every game has violence. You be restricted to games like Tomodachi Life.

Doesn't that allow pre-marital sex? That's a big no-no..

Not that I know of. It's really hard to even get married in the game.

I wasnt aware religion had taken patent on moral and ethics.. Wow. So much time wasted being good when since im not religious. But then again i dont have to go to church. My wallet would propably also hate me if i did.

I'm a very devolted christian and usually yes, I take in consideration a lot of things before byuing a game. Usually I avoid games related to demonic stuff and etc, don't feel confortable playing it.

As for first person shooters, don't feel confortable with gore games like COD. Played medal of honor, half life 1 and 2, resistance, bioshock and many others. But feel unconfortable with COD and other shooters because the violence became too much proeminent and in my opinion, unecessary.

But usually I don't talk about this because people would not understand, so you be prepared to receive a lot of criticism on your post.

spurgeonryan said:
Filling our heads with evil is not something good christians should do. IF You think Jesus would not do it, you should not do it.

I'm not doing it my virtual character is and the ten commandments are not being violated because it isn't really happening.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Christians should play whatever games they want. If someone chooses to abstain from a certain type of game because it makes them uncomfortable then that is fine, but trying to set some sort of standard for what others can enjoy is a little ridiculous. A Christian who plays Twisted Metal is no "worse" than a Christian who doesn't...

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII

As a married, church going Christian man myself, this is a topic that means a lot to me. To others posting here, don't trivialize this because it is important to many of us.

I have a friend who became born-again and gave up his CoD habit. He became a much friendlier and happier person for it. He burned his whole CoD collection in protest.

I have another friend who is a recognized as an active, strong believer. And he loves Borderlands, Mass Effect, Titanfall and other mature games.

In terms of belief and gaming, I don't look upon one as being better or worse than the other

Different believers come up with different guidelines for what hurts/ helps spiritually. Everyone internalizes influences from games differently. I've played GoW, GTA, and Twisted Metal and other M games and I can't say any it's been particularly hurtful or offensive experience for those. However, since getting married I've generally have skipped games with strong sexual content because that's what scares/offends my wife. And I do that primarily for love & respect for my wife, not necessarily because the game is going to corrupt me or something.

I often find there's always another great games out there that accomodate these values, so I typically stick with those. It rarely is a bother.

Though I am sad that I'll likely miss out on Bayo 2 because of it :(

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Vincoletto said:
I'm a very devolted christian and usually yes, I take in consideration a lot of things before byuing a game. Usually I avoid games related to demonic stuff and etc, don't feel confortable playing it.

As for first person shooters, don't feel confortable with gore games like COD. Played medal of honor, half life 1 and 2, resistance, bioshock and many others. But feel unconfortable with COD and other shooters because the violence became too much proeminent and in my opinion, unecessary.

But usually I don't talk about this because people would not understand, so you be prepared to receive a lot of criticism on your post.

I understand :)

platformmaster918 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Filling our heads with evil is not something good christians should do. IF You think Jesus would not do it, you should not do it.

I'm not doing it my virtual character is and the ten commandments are not being violated because it isn't really happening.

You ever play Fallout 3?  Relevant discussion point based on that concerning a major sequence in the storyline....