By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Video Games Should Christians Play?

iceland said:

Is that an EA logo? EA supporting the downfall of Playstation, I knew they were evil!!

#conspiracy

IKR!

I think this is when Dante's Inferno was released that's why these lunatics were annoyed with EA.

Around the Network
archer9234 said:

Nearly every game has violence. You be restricted to games like Tomodachi Life.

Doesn't that allow pre-marital sex? That's a big no-no..

I'm a Christian and I play many, many video games. Do you mean extremist christians? This is a bit broad.

TechnoHobbit said:

I for one, agree with the article. I don't really care what others play, but personally I try to follow those tips in all my game purchases.

Flame shield up.

I'm sorry but I'm afraid your soul is beyond help. You already seem to have succumbed to the evil powers of JRR Tolkien. His works clearly promote polytheism and magic.

MoHasanie said:
Yeah mainly Nintendo and maybe some Disney games.

uhm.. I would say mainly sports games, so EA is every Christians friend

spurgeonryan said:
Filling our heads with evil is not something good christians should do. IF You think Jesus would not do it, you should not do it.

Pretty sure Jesus wouldn't kill turtles for fun. Which means that you should feel bad playing Ninty games such as Mario, Spurge.

Around the Network

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

We're talking about Christians, the serious ones, not kids! lol

Psychotic said:
TechnoHobbit said:

I for one, agree with the article. I don't really care what others play, but personally I try to follow those tips in all my game purchases.

Flame shield up.

Ahem... good for you? I mean it's not literally good for you, I just wanted to say... more power to ya. I mean... not more literal power to ya, no one needs more fundamentalists in power... Damn, we need more idioms for "I'm okay with you doing what you want to do".

Same to ya man. Like I said, I don't really care with what others play. Personally though, I don't think playing games that make you feel uncomfortable (in my case games like The Binding of Isaac or GTA--though actually, I have played games like GTA with mods) for any number of reasons--religious or otherwise--is a good idea.

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Also, I can't take an article seriously when it's not even properly proofread. 

"If your young, be careful with what you watch and play because it will influence you, so give God glory in how you game.

• If your old enough to play the higher rated games, then be sure your being guided by Holy Spirit when you play.  If you feel uncomfortable in your spirit, then just stop playing and get a refund (I’ve done this with movies that I “thought” were ok, but after watching them decided they weren’t for me).
  • Flip to the back of the games case and read what it’s about. The ESRB won’t talk about spiritual content, so a teen game could be filled with demonic game play, so make sure your comfortable with it."

Mr.Playstation said:
Whether you are a christian or not should not affect what games you choose to play, can't believe some christians allow their belief to have this much affect on their life.

This