By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project CARS Wii U Delay Was To Ensure It's As Good As Other Versions, Says Dev

Mr Puggsly said:
ICStats said:
This generation is earning itself some titles. SpyboxOne, RemakeStation4, WiiDelayU...

PortStation is funnier.

How about this... WiiCrappy3rdPartySupportU.

idk RecycleStation was my fav xD Xbox 180 or Xbox 720p are the way to go for Xbox One.

Around the Network
impertinence said:
burninmylight said:
Fellow Wii U owners, I am begging you: if the Wii U version turns out good, just be the bigger person and support it. If we want nice things, we have to prove we can take one on the chin first.

I will continue my long standing policy of buying games I want, not games that will support this or that whatever developer. That said, if this game does turn out good and no other realistic racing sims appear out of the blue before it releases I will get this game no matter when it releases. I am quite looking forward to it acctually.

I'm not saying buy the game for the hell of it, then toss it in the trash. Never buy something you don't want to play. I'm saying if you wanted the game before the delay, then you should want it just as much afterward, so long as it turns out to be a good game. I've said several times that I will not be getting it for myself because I can't stand realistic racing sims of any sort, because they bore me to death. But if I was into that sort of thing, I'd buy it.

S.Peelman said:
"It's not our goal to rush the Wii U version and have it not look as good as the other ones."

Would be pretty funny if it actually does end up looking just as good as the PS4One versions. Hell would freeze over. Anyway I really hope for them that the game's WiiU version will be very successful. I'm quite skeptical though. If only racing games (racing sims anyway) didn't bore me out of my mind...

no matter what they say, it's a cheap excuse. they have been developing the wii u version for a longer time and the ps4/xone versions will face much bigger competition from other racing sims. if anything, they HAD to prioritize the wii u version.

They should show some pics if it looks phenomenal...

I'll wait how the Wii U version turns out before I buy it. The PC version will obviously be better, but I support good Wii U ports.

iceland said:
Mr Puggsly said:
ICStats said:
This generation is earning itself some titles. SpyboxOne, RemakeStation4, WiiDelayU...

PortStation is funnier.

How about this... WiiCrappy3rdPartySupportU.

idk RecycleStation was my fav xD Xbox 180 or Xbox 720p are the way to go for Xbox One.

That's good too, but Port just fits better.

I like to call it the Xbox 792.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
rayearth said:
Maciveli said:
No amount of time will over come the horsepower issue, they should have been honest about the quality from the beginning.

there's no horsepower issue.

Sure there is, they pretty much said it.  

They wont release it till it looks as good, clealrly they are having issues making that happen due to the power disparity between the consoles.  

archer9234 said:
Um, yeah... It takes you twice as long to make the Wii U version? For what reason? Would this long time period happen as well, if they made a 360 and PS3 version?

The team making the game is small. Doing the PC, PS4 and XBO version at the same time makes sense since they share a lot in common, so the porting process between them is pretty seemless. The Wii U version on the other hand demands more attention since they have to port x86 to PPC architecture. My guess is that, yes, it would take them as long to port the game to PS3 and XBO.

rayearth said:

no matter what they say, it's a cheap excuse. they have been developing the wii u version for a longer time and the ps4/xone versions will face much bigger competition from other racing sims. if anything, they HAD to prioritize the wii u version.

Bad logic.  You dont prioritize the lower user base where 3rd party games sale bad.

They have been developing the pc version longest and that ports to PS4/X1 far easier.  

Yeah, sure........

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Day 0 purchase for me.

Andy Tudor and the crew @ Slightly Mad have been very generous in keeping the Wii U version in the pipeline.

Hype

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016