By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project CARS Wii U Delay Was To Ensure It's As Good As Other Versions, Says Dev

It's probably exactly for the reason he's stating. My guess is that, right now, the other versions are clearly superior to the Wii U version, given the differences in resources. They are probably planning to tweak and optimize it as much as possible to see how close to the baseline of the other two that they can get.

Around the Network

lol yeah right

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

for consoles it's only the ps4 or xbox version to get, I predict when this releases on wiiu it will be nowhere near as good

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

If it turns out to be a good version on Wii U, it will have my support. From a selfish point of view 2015 suits me, as the game would be well below Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, Smash and captain Toad in the pecking order.

Dont expect WiiU owners to pay 60 bucks when the same game is sold for 30 on PS4 XBO and 15 on steam months after it came out tho.

That wont happen and you know that.

Ubisoft delayed the WiiU version of Rayman Legends because noone would pay 60 bucks for it on PS360 etc. when the WiiU version was out much longer and would have been discounted already. They said "people would think its an OLD game"

Around the Network
Hynad said:
archer9234 said:
Um, yeah... It takes you twice as long to make the Wii U version? For what reason? Would this long time period happen as well, if they made a 360 and PS3 version?

The team making the game is small. Doing the PC, PS4 and XBO version at the same time makes sense since they share a lot in common, so the porting process between them is pretty seemless. The Wii U version on the other hand demands more attention since they have to port x86 to PPC architecture. My guess is that, yes, it would take them as long to port the game to PS3 and XBO.

Still doesn't answer what they did the whole extra time with the Wii U one.

archer9234 said:
Hynad said:
archer9234 said:
Um, yeah... It takes you twice as long to make the Wii U version? For what reason? Would this long time period happen as well, if they made a 360 and PS3 version?

The team making the game is small. Doing the PC, PS4 and XBO version at the same time makes sense since they share a lot in common, so the porting process between them is pretty seemless. The Wii U version on the other hand demands more attention since they have to port x86 to PPC architecture. My guess is that, yes, it would take them as long to port the game to PS3 and XBO.

Still doesn't answer what they did the whole extra time with the Wii U one.

They created entirely new drivers and compilers to make the Wii U version a reality. They're planning to support the gamepad.

And given the November release for the other versions, do you think being wedged in the time SSB comes out would have been good for sales?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

ICStats said:
This generation is earning itself some titles. SpyboxOne, RemakeStation4, WiiDelayU...

I like these names. Portstation is a bit funnier but still. Or Xbox 180.

Also, if the reason was so simple, why did it take sooooo long to clarify? ESPECIALLY after the fanpage "fuck you wii u owners you have to buy it anyways so we can do what we want" debacle?

zippy said:
If it turns out to be a good version on Wii U, it will have my support. From a selfish point of view 2015 suits me, as the game would be well below Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, Smash and captain Toad in the pecking order.

No doubt. If it looks sharp and makes good use of the gamepad, I'm all over it -- but this fall/holiday is full-up for me on the Wii U. 4 games in 4 months on the Wii U, plus Destiny and Dragon Age on my PS4... busy, busy, busy!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7