By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your wii u wont be able to handle both versions of Bayonetta(in terms of storage)

QuintonMcLeod said:
ExplodingBlock said:
And that is why digital sacks SACKS

Doesn't suck for me with my 2 TB HDD.

It's gonna such for you when I have all my original games in 20 years and your HDD is dead.

Around the Network
prayformojo said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ExplodingBlock said:

It's gonna such for you when I have all my original games in 20 years and your HDD is dead.

If that happens, you can just re-download them onto a new HDD. And because your save data is stored separately on your console's internal memory, it will be absolutely fine. In fact, likely safer, as your precious discs stand a great chance of getting lost or scratched over the course of 20 years, no? Yes. Unless of course you lock them in an underground safe and never play them, or move away.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ExplodingBlock said:

If that happens, you can just re-download them onto a new HDD. And because your save data is stored separately on your console's internal memory, it will be absolutely fine. In fact, likely safer, as your precious discs stand a great chance of getting lost or scratched over the course of 20 years, no? Yes. Unless of course you lock them in an underground safe and never play them, or move away.

No, you can not redownload them... why? Because your original Wii-U will have died by that point and your games are tied TO THE SYSTEM. Also, and believe me, I've given this alot of thought, "redownloading" only works when the parent company is still hosting the data for you to download. So if Nintendo isn't in the business of keeping 20 year old games on some server for Wii-U owners in the year 2034? How are you gonna get that download? You're not going to be able to do that.

ExplodingBlock said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ExplodingBlock said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

One problem though

you hard drive breaks...

BYE BYE GAMES AND SAVE DATA 

A hard drive breaking is about as likely as a disk breaking if not less likely. Second everyone else besides Nintendo link their games to accounts not consoles so you could redownloaded. 3rd if your Hardrive breaks you don't think the save data from a physical game will go bye bye? 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

BraLoD said:
Chris Hu said:
BraLoD said:
So Bayo 2 is lower than Bayo 1 in space?
If the OP is right Bayo 1 have 17.6GB
So 3 GB more even being a gen older.

And man, they should really avoid making this consoles versions with low HD, what a nuisance.

Nope I'm sure it was less then 8GB on the 360.

The OP says:
Both (1+2)= 32.2 GB
2 = 14.6 GB
So it's 32.2 - 14.6 = 1
1 = 17.6 GB

The 360 versions always were more compressed.

Bayonetta on 360 is 6.8GB.

Around the Network

lets compress the raw file to jpeg.

BraLoD said:
curl-6 said:
BraLoD said:

The OP says:
Both (1+2)= 32.2 GB
2 = 14.6 GB
So it's 32.2 - 14.6 = 1
1 = 17.6 GB

The 360 versions always were more compressed.

Bayonetta on 360 is 6.8GB.

So people told me it's 7.1 with PS3 and 6.8 with 360.
Why the hell does it have 17.6 with Wii U?

I only did the math with the numbers the OP provided me.
Maybe he mean 22.2GB total, what would make B1 be 7.6 with Wii U and that's sound reasonable with the other versions.

I'm as baffled as you are. The file size tripling makes no sense, especially when the additions aren't terribly memory-consuming. 

The best theories we've been able to come up with so far is that either it's a mistake, or Bayo 1 on Wii U is uncompressed, the latter of which makes little sense as they're pushing it as a downloadable title on a system with a maxiumum 32GB HDD.

Europe is getting an incredible day one edition, i would have to be insane to buy digital.

Besides, you can use an external disk. Why the drama?

curl-6 said:

I'm as baffled as you are. The file size tripling makes no sense, especially when the additions aren't terribly memory-consuming. 

The best theories we've been able to come up with so far is that either it's a mistake, or Bayo 1 on Wii U is uncompressed, the latter of which makes little sense as they're pushing it as a downloadable title on a system with a maxiumum 32GB HDD.

No reason to be baffled.

Uncompressed, dual-audio is a very, very large space hog.

I am buying a physical copy, however I have a 500Gb HD just in case :)

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064