By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your wii u wont be able to handle both versions of Bayonetta(in terms of storage)

So many people with TB hdd's here, all adding up to the cost makes WiiU more expensive than a PS4 :-O

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:
So many people with TB hdd's here, all adding up to the cost makes WiiU more expensive than a PS4 :-O

I dont know where you live, but here in europe the price difference is ~140euro, while a 1TB is ~60Euro. So still 50-100euro cheaper than ps4 (+ cheapest wiiu comes already with a game and ps4 without) 

ExplodingBlock said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
ExplodingBlock said:
And that is why digital sacks SACKS

Doesn't suck for me with my 2 TB HDD.

lol i said sack not suck

plus i bought a white wii u and the only extra memory if have is a sd card in the usb slot

also i do not want to pay extra money just so i can download a game when i go and buy the disk

You'd really only be paying extra money for the convenience of:

1) Not having to re-insert and eject your game discs every time you want to play a game
2) Not needing to worry about scratching your discs
3) Not worrying about anyone stealing your games 
4) Enjoying slightly faster load times
5) Saving space around your game system, thus lowering clutter
6) Buying games at midnight in your underwear
7) Not needing to pay taxes on your games (wink)
8) Not needing to present ID when buying an M rated game 
9) Not having to worry about losing your games due to theft or destruction
10) The ability to backup your games on any medium the Wii U can read.

Conegamer said:
Seems a bit silly that we're at the point where you can't even install games on the largest HDD size. They've gotta release a bigger system you'd think, wouldn't you?

This is another disadvantage the WiiU has, especially if you happened to be interested in digital purchases. You need an external storage to go along with it, which means at least another 50 dollars/euro one has to invest in the system. They need to make the system cheaper, but even better would be to have a version with enough space on it.

bubblegamer said:
Conegamer said:
Seems a bit silly that we're at the point where you can't even install games on the largest HDD size. They've gotta release a bigger system you'd think, wouldn't you?

This is another disadvantage the WiiU has, especially if you happened to be interested in digital purchases. You need an external storage to go along with it, which means at least another 50 dollars/euro one has to invest in the system. They need to make the system cheaper, but even better would be to have a version with enough space on it.

IMHO i think the WiiU's disc space is perfectly chosen, because you can just buy what you need. Some people don't like to buy download games at all, then just pay for the white basic version. Some people want all the big games on disc and only occasionally buy some indie games on the eshop, then get the 32Gb version. And for people who like to buy games as DL, just get a cheap ext. HDD in whatever size is appropriate for you. 

I think that's better than having to buy a 500Gb HDD packed into your console which is either wasted because you're not using it at all or after some years may even be too small.

Around the Network
fluky-nintendy said:

Except a HDD isn't strictly necessary. It was not an added cost to my Wii U.

It would be dumb to get it digitally cause if you get it physically then they actually give a disc for Bayonetta 1.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
It would be dumb to get it digitally cause if you get it physically then they actually give a disc for Bayonetta 1.

When buying the digital version you'll pay less and get a discount on Bayonetta 1 DL. Both together will then cost you 59.98$ which is just the same as suggested retail price. (or even 1 cent less)

Hedra42 said:
curl-6 said:

You would think, but it's NIntendo, they do the damndest things... XD

You're probably right. They'll probably release a Wii U with better storage, but then omit the backwards compatability. The later Wii's came without the GC compatability. :(

I highly doubt they will do that... :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'll buy the Disks and only bought some full games on the eShop.

A strange thing is that some games have always the same loading times (internal/ext. HDD/ext. SSD) and some games have significant differences like ZombiU (I had the Disk and now the digital version).
Internal flash is 13 seconds faster than the Disk, an external HDD is 4 seconds faster than the internal flash and an external SSD is 9 seconds faster than the external HDD.

USB 2.0 bandwidth doesn't seem to be the only limiting factor of loading times.