By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your wii u wont be able to handle both versions of Bayonetta(in terms of storage)

Sucks that there will be a bundle that you cant play both games on. I hope this is a mistake i dont see how Bayo1 got so big. Unless it was because it was a last minute decision and they've just rushed it.

Around the Network

Seems a bit silly that we're at the point where you can't even install games on the largest HDD size. They've gotta release a bigger system you'd think, wouldn't you?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MY WiiU has 1 Tb external storage, so she can handle anything you can give to her.

Conegamer said:
Seems a bit silly that we're at the point where you can't even install games on the largest HDD size. They've gotta release a bigger system you'd think, wouldn't you?

You would think, but it's NIntendo, they do the damndest things... XD

Xenostar said:
Sucks that there will be a bundle that you cant play both games on. I hope this is a mistake i dont see how Bayo1 got so big. Unless it was because it was a last minute decision and they've just rushed it.

Even if they rushed it, they could have just used the 6.8GB Xbox 360 version. "Rushed" can't explain the tripling of its file size.

Around the Network

I will buy the retail version if I decide to purchase this so this doesn't affect me. On another note this is the perfect time to talk about the internal storage of the Wii U, right? Nintendo should just put 64gb in there, flash storage is dropping in price and it always gives your console a bit of extra attention.

curl-6 said:
Conegamer said:

You would think, but it's NIntendo, they do the damndest things... XD

You're probably right. They'll probably release a Wii U with better storage, but then omit the backwards compatability. The later Wii's came without the GC compatability. :(

curl-6 said:
Xenostar said:

Even if they rushed it, they could have just used the 6.8GB Xbox 360 version. "Rushed" can't explain the tripling of its file size.

You cant just use the 360 version, all assets would of had to be re-exported, most likely cause is if the game is cutscene heavy they havent used a very good format on the Wii U and its not as compressed. 

If these source is legit they obviously don't compressed files for the Bayonetta 1 as much as they did for PS360 version.

Perhaps to spare CPU power for the decompression but I think it is only because Wii U can handle even very big uncompressed textures much better than the old machines. So there was no need to use much texture compression.

Bayo2 got obviously more optimizing for Wii U than the first part.

Xenostar said:
curl-6 said:
Xenostar said:

You cant just use the 360 version, all assets would of had to be re-exported, most likely cause is if the game is cutscene heavy they havent used a very good format on the Wii U and its not as compressed. 

The game is indeed cutscene heavy, but why not just use the same compression as PS3/360 since they were aware of Wii U's small HDD? For a game with a download deal, this is quite inconvenient.