By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are games so boring now-a-days?

kekrot said:

Agree! Lately I've had to force myself every time I should be playing Majora's Mask because I don't know, just didn't feel like playing it. But when I sit down with it, I'm having a great time... Just finished a 6 hour session with it, lots of pieces of hearts and stuff. I've been trying to finish it for the last five years and now I'm so close. Can't stop now. 

Majora's Mask really needs a redo like Ocarina of Time. Good Luck though when your finished you should take a look at this interesting video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw

Around the Network
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
kekrot said:

Agree! Lately I've had to force myself every time I should be playing Majora's Mask because I don't know, just didn't feel like playing it. But when I sit down with it, I'm having a great time... Just finished a 6 hour session with it, lots of pieces of hearts and stuff. I've been trying to finish it for the last five years and now I'm so close. Can't stop now. 

Majora's Mask really needs a redo like Ocarina of Time. Good Luck though when your finished you should take a look at this interesting video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1SVkysIRw

Agree about getting hook once you force yourself the first few minutes.

But LOL, Majora's Mask 3D is coming out in 2015. Talking many years wasted for nothing. You'll just replying it in amazing high frame rate 3D. Plus the New 3DS has a more better screen then almost all high-end TVs.

I can relate to this.

For me I think it's a combination of growing up and feeling that gaming is a time sink and a chore and also feeling as if I've played everything before, which is probably why my interest in gaming shoots up again when I discover something refreshing, like Minecraft and Persona 4 Golden.

Because most new "AAA" style retail games mainly focus on graphics and making a "cinematic experience", instead of focusing on the only thing that REALLY should matter in a game: being fun to play?

Just food for thought.

Have you tried vagina (or penis; whatever floats your boat)?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
go read a book.

gg

This.

Also the guy with H.P Lovecraft picture said.

Your either there of gaming and are in new of a new hobby. Or you're buying the wrong games. Lol

Burning Typhoon said:

Okay, so, I have a lot of PS3 games....  I pick them up during flash sales, sales, whatever.  The only thing about it is that I keep going back to one of three games....  Marvel Vs. Capcom: Origins, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, or Tekken Tag Tournament 2.  My game collection consists of over 100+ games and I'm bored with all of them.  Even recent stuff I just bought.

I recently bought Megaman X4, Bully, Manhunt, and The Warriors this past Tuesday..  I haven't touched any of them except Manhunt (which I found boring) and Megaman X4.  Megaman X4 isn't boring at all, but it doesn't hold my attention....

Before that, I got Bioshock: Infinite...  I played through the game, it's holding my attention, which is a very good thing, considering I hate first person shooters.

Before that, I got BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma...  I played it for about 2 weeks, and haven't touched it since...

Then, I have games like LA Noire, and Dragon Age: Origins...  Both are installed on my hard drive, but I'm never in the mood to play them.  I bought those games months ago along with Red Dead Redemption and Soul Calibur V.

I hate Soul Calibur V.. I had no idea how bad of a game it was until I bought it.  And, that game, has gotten more playtime, than all the other games mentioned combined, except for the first 3, and bioshock, of course.

So, I decided to get Soul Calibur II: HD a couple of weeks after V disappointed me, since I knew SCII was a good game...  Even still..  I'm not playing that game either anymore.  I also picked up Dead or Alive 5: Ultimate..  It's so mash-friendly that I'm having trouble getting into it.  I don't play the game enough to know what I'm doing, so when I start winning without an idea of what I'm doing, it just gets disappointing.  Then, when I lose, I'm still bored, because I don't know what's going on.

I also got a buch of RPG games recently, from Legend of Dragoon and Wild Arms 2 (already had WA1) Disgea, Persona 3, and Ni No Kuni.  Each one of those games too... I'm not playing anymore, because I'm just not in the mood for any of them.

I'm sick of Marvel and Tekken being the only games I can enjoy, but everything else just doesn't hold my attention..  Am I just getting bored with games in general?  Should I just give up?

I almost want to ask for a recommendation, but somehow, I think I'd just get bored with any suggestions within the first couple of minutes.

You sound like me in that I only used to use Playstation consoles for Fighting games. The only PS2 game I had which was not a fighting game was Maximo.

Nowadays the most popular games are shooters (first or third person), and open world games.

Creating games has become so expensive that less games are created per year, and the developers have to take less risks with creativity to make sure the game will be successful. And also, because of the great power of the consoles the temptation of making like a movie exists.

What kinds of games do you like? I pretty much only play platformers, fighting games, turn based strategy and turn based rpgs.

By the way, since you like Tekken so much, have you ever given Virtua Fighter a chance? It is much more niche than Tekken but I like it much more.

ps3-sales! said:
Have you tried vagina (or penis; whatever floats your boat)?

Don't get me wrong, I like girls as much as the next guy, but as I just said in an ealier post, I'm not going for just any ol' below average woman, or yeah, I would have tried it.

Jesus, I say I'm bored with gaming and you people assume it's all I do.

Anyway, as I've said before, (I think I said) I'm just simply going to take a break for a while.  I might dabble around a bit with a game here and there once or twice a week for 10-15 minutes, probably, but as of Thursday, I'm officially off.  Didn't actually touch my PS3 thursday, so going into day two.