By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are games so boring now-a-days?

Your thread title doesn't match your post.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
highwayuni said:
The last game that I was blown away by and really wanted to complete was Ni No Kuni back in Febuary/January. Ever since then I have yet to find a game that has hooked me in such a way. It reminded me of some older Nintendo games because it was so charming.

Other than that, I do agree with the OP that the gaming scene seems a little bland right now.

That's a Nintendo DS game they ported to the PS3.

Guys, I've never owned a nintendo console... In my life. I went from owning Sega consoles (every one genesis and up) to playstation. (every one, except pocket station & PS4.)

Dreamcast bores me because I don't find the 3D games graphically appealing. They don't age well to me... However, Megaman Legends on PS1 is just fine. So was megaman legends 2, but it was stolen.. I may also add, that on PS1, when I was a kid, all I owned were all the Megaman games on PS1 that were released in the US, and the jumping flash games... and twisted metal 3 & 4, which... aren't too great.

I had the same issue with sega genesis about a year ago.. I was so bored with PS3 that I just switched to genesis and went on a buying spree much like what I'm doing again on PS3...

My Genesis is just sitting around with those 47 games.... not being touched.

Now you people are telling me to get a Wii U..... I was honestly thinking about it, but not before PS4, which I know has no games anyway

As other people have said; it's not the gaming that's boring, it's that you are playing games that have age horrible in the modern age.

You need to play games that are good & fun by modern day standards like Kid Icarus: Uprising

I also recommend:

Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure

HarmoKnight

Also, you need to start playing games in a different way, like in 3D with surround sound headphones on. This is why I never get bored, because I look for new IPs that show soo much promise, as well as play newer better ways of gaming in video games. I'm always looking forward to newer better things, and when they finally arrive, I notice it, it go out of my way to enjoy it.

Burning Typhoon said:

Guys, I've never owned a nintendo console... In my life. I went from owning Sega consoles (every one genesis and up) to playstation. (every one, except pocket station & PS4.)

Dreamcast bores me because I don't find the 3D games graphically appealing. They don't age well to me... However, Megaman Legends on PS1 is just fine. So was megaman legends 2, but it was stolen.. I may also add, that on PS1, when I was a kid, all I owned were all the Megaman games on PS1 that were released in the US, and the jumping flash games... and twisted metal 3 & 4, which... aren't too great.

I had the same issue with sega genesis about a year ago.. I was so bored with PS3 that I just switched to genesis and went on a buying spree much like what I'm doing again on PS3...

My Genesis is just sitting around with those 47 games.... not being touched.

Now you people are telling me to get a Wii U..... I was honestly thinking about it, but not before PS4, which I know has no games anyway

Then get the New 3DS next year for $150 or the New 3DS XL for $180. Either way, you have to wait til February or later for it just to be release, so it doesn't interfere with you 2014 holiday plans, which happens to be perfect for you.

Around the Network

You may be growing away/out of the hobby.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:
You may be growing away/out of the hobby.

I think he is just growing out of playing in 2D with stereo audio withO a classic controller.

It happens to every single gamer sooner or later.

*starts talking in a ghost voice* and you will be next. Boooo

outside of kingdom hearts 2.5, the only games to interest me are The Evil Within, and Tekken 7. I've bought so many games at bargin prices through PSN's sales that I can't justify spending 60 bucks on a game anymore...

However, I did get beyond as a 2 day late birthday present for myself last year, and went on to beat the game 11 times. Five of which, I played consecutive (without playing any other game in between) Those first five times I beat it start to finish, I ignored every other game I owned and thought it was the best game ever. And, I'm a person that plays fighting games competitively, and not just mash buttons with christie and eddy.... Now, I can barely sit through Beyond for 15 minutes, if that.

But, again, Tekken I'm not bored with playing. I'm bored of it being the only game that doesn't bore me, if that makes sense.

But, it's cool. Even seeing that game (Beyond) on sale last week didn't bother me, because I got my money's worth out of that game.

Kaizar said:
highwayuni said:
The last game that I was blown away by and really wanted to complete was Ni No Kuni back in Febuary/January. Ever since then I have yet to find a game that has hooked me in such a way. It reminded me of some older Nintendo games because it was so charming.

Other than that, I do agree with the OP that the gaming scene seems a little bland right now.

That's a Nintendo DS game they ported to the PS3.

I don't see it as a port seeing as how the PS3 version was completely different other than the characters and plot with the way they beefed up everything to magnificent proportions.

Yeah, sometimes you just get bored with games. I suppose it's relatively normal. It can be good to take a break, do something else. You might find a new activity that interests you. That's how I got back into reading novels.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash