By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces new Xperia Z3... with ps4 streaming..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/4-4-4-stock-xperia-devices-ps4-remote-t2868092

they have theoretically already ported it to other xperia device.. when the app releases they need to test it and maybe add some minor tweaks.. i

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

pointless feature,if you ask me. why would you want to play those on a tiny screen anyhow? I personally just don't get it. If I was going to play games on a mobile device,it would be a tablet,because that's sort of a big mobile screen device. lol

It's no killer-app, but a nice-to-have-feature, especially if it works "okay" with LTE. Connecting with your PS4 from anywhere in the world to show some stuff to friends or play games like Persona 5 on the go, where lag doesn't matter.

I don't understand people saying things like "Poor Vita". Well, it's not like that many Vitas are being sold because of its streaming capabilities.

zumnupy10 said:
I don't understand people saying things like "Poor Vita". Well, it's not like that many Vitas are being sold because of its streaming capabilities.

It's because sony made it bigger for the Vita then they should have.."Greatness is portable"

Around the Network

Well you still need to buy a Z3, which is a lot more expensive than a Vita. If I already have a phone I'm happy with, but want remote play then Vita is the best option. But the only way to save Vita is with Vita only games. Vita cannot survive as a PS4 appendage or a vehicle for PS Now.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Well you still need to buy a Z3, which is a lot more expensive than a Vita. If I already have a phone I'm happy with, but want remote play then Vita is the best option. But the only way to save Vita is with Vita only games. Vita cannot survive as a PS4 appendage or a vehicle for PS Now.

I actually bumped the thread cause on XDA they are already porting it to other devices http://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/4-4-4-stock-xperia-devices-ps4-remote-t2868092

they only need the official app to be released.. but the framework is already running on other xperia devices..

NiKKoM said:

I didn't know the DS4's touch pad could levitate objects.

NiKKoM said:
zumnupy10 said:

It's because sony made it bigger for the Vita then they should have.."Greatness is portable"

That's just Sony trying to create a reason for people to buy more VITAS.   They had to try something to save Vita, didn't they ?

oldschoolfool said:
pointless feature,if you ask me. why would you want to play those on a tiny screen anyhow? I personally just don't get it. If I was going to play games on a mobile device,it would be a tablet,because that's sort of a big mobile screen device. lol

Use your imagination for a second.

-Say you wanna play an indie ps4 game and your parents want to use the tv -> remote play

-Say you wanna play an embarassing game on a small screen to avoid criticsim from your brother -> remote play

-You're in bed and still feel like playing ps4 games -> remote play

-You're taking a shit and wanna play a ps4 game -> remote play

So, yeah, not that pointless. Maybe to you, but not to everyone else. 

Edit: Sorry. Forgot to end my post with "lol". lol