By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces new Xperia Z3... with ps4 streaming..

NiKKoM said:

http://gizmodo.com/sony-xperia-z3-will-let-you-remote-play-ps4-games-1630036758

best feature of the Vita.. on your phone.. bye Vita..

Well that certainly looks more practical for your pocket... Danganronpa?

I just don't understand why you'd want PS4 no gaemz streaming to your phone when Android already has the best games.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

i'm interested in Z3 tablet compact, hope its future software update able to remote-play Vita games as well... 

For the people saying "Poor Vita" or whatever, this is a longtime coming and just the beginning IMO. Vita is deader than dead. Will sell another 5 mil or so and be killed off (hardware wise). Sony will not release another dedicated handheld machine (and neither should Nintendo IMHO). Only possible exception is if they want to appease the hardcore and release some Special Edition consoles. That I could see Sony doing.

Vita will live though because Vita means life. The way it will live is through android (and maybe iOS, if apple allows). Sony shipped 39.1M phones last year and expects to ship another 43M this year. For comparisons, 3DS shipped 12.24M last year and they expect to ship another 19M this year. Vita + Vita TV + PSP shipped 4.1M last year and they expect to ship another 3.5M this year. Xperia phones out ship (sell) 3DS + Vita combined, comfortably, every year. Xperia is behind Galaxy, iphones, possibly LG, HTC, and a few other Chinese manufacturers. Phones and tablet potentials are HUGE. Sony might keep Vita going for the next coupleo for years for the hardcore. They might even have a refresh, but their focus will be integrating Playstation with the Xperia line. They won't shoehorn it in like they did with Xperia Play.

1) PSM is vita only now. Android phones were holding back PSM to basically bad ports or simple games. PSM Unity and Dev kit are either free or extremely cheap. This will allow quick and easy ports of iOS and android games.
2) PSV Unity is also official now. This allows for bigger games to be ported while taking advantage of having access to core vita functionality. This is part of the reason why I think SE quickly ported Mana and that Zombie game. This might make it easier to port games like DQ, Bioshock, and Civilization
2) PS4 remote play is available on xperia phones and tablets (and bravia TVs). Foolish is the person who thinks it'll stop here
3) Future - PSNow will come to Xperia phones and tablets
4) Future - Sony will release an app, similar to what they have now on their xperias for access to PSM games and movies/tv shows. This forthcoming app will allow the phones/tablets to access and emulate PSVita games. This will be done through emulation, much like the PS3 emulates PS1 games.
5) Future - All of the above will be opened up to other android manufacturers (on an official basis as it will be hacked before then). It will also
6) Future/Optional - Sony will release a frankenstein dongle accessory like the 3DS second stick frankstein accessory. It will look like the ones for iphone now and will make their phones/tablets very portable and easy to play on the train or plane, for example. No need for a DS4.

Munkeh111 said:
Now I'm pretty pissed at my Z2... a whole 4 months out of date, should have known. Though there's definitely a chance of me getting it at some point {also, it's a fantastic phone}

In all seriousness there are a few things, firstly the Z3 itself has the same size screen as the Vita (pretty much), much higher resolution but not OLED. Having played Transistor on my Vita yesterday (while sitting in literally the same seat I would to play on the PS4), it played fine, but I don't get such good performance in other parts of the house

You also have to remember that only half the games are actually playable either due to tiny text or poor control reassignment. FIFA 14 is impossible because of the lack of the second trigger

So, the XPERIA Tablet Compact 3 fixes all these! 8" screen and then playing on DualShock 4 will be far better than a Vita. Z3 and Z3 compact will both be marginally better than the Vita given the DS4 and their far better (and more expensive) industrial design

So anyway, I think it is a really good move from Sony. I might well pick up a Tablet Compact, but I'm mostly hoping this comes to the XPERIA Z2

Well, the app will probably get a port in its first day for the Z2 by the community if it is not Sony providing an update. That will also mean that the Tablet Z2 would be able to play remote play and with smart cover on a 10" screen it would be awesome. 

Else the Z3c tablet will be a good choice. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Too soon and that looks so impractical. 

Also for a 'dead' format, Vita sure seems to get a fair amount of games. They are mostly indie but they are still games. I heard all this before with PSP and that lasted for years. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
Awesome to hear, Sony showing us the start of their streaming future. PS4 streaming to smartphones, soon we will have PSNow too.

yea, PSNow on smart devices and TVs will imho be the real start of the service, because that way a lot of people who simply don't want a console can play/try some games they are interested in

ofcourse the people who get hooked are likely to pick up a console

Best feature of Vita was Vita games -_-

That being said, great feature. Kinda wish that the phone was QHD like all the other flagships right now, but ah well.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Wow on the comments... Only deserves a "no comment"

Moving on... Does anyone knows if this will be introduced to the tablet Z2?

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Sony-For-Life said:
As much as I love Sony I must say this, Z3 is God awful of a phone, I mean WTF sony? this streaming shit happens over Wi-Fi and if they wanted they could port this to Z2 and Z1 as well, other than that do they expect people to go buy Z3's over Z2(wich is 200$ cheaper) because of that 250mhz overclock of the CPU? or because of that slightly increased brightness? Z2 and Z3 are exactly the same thing, dammit Sony :-@ so disappointed...

To be fair, Sony release 2 flagship phones every year, you should always wait for the second one to get the slightly better one. Z3 in general is more refined experience, the battery lasts for 2 days even though the battery capacity is the same, the highest rating for waterproofing and dust resistance. Better camera experience ( already compared to z2 and galaxy s5 on gsmarena the the results are very promising) in addition to more brightness and overstocked CPU. Let be honest, we don't need higher raw power, the 801 CPU is more than we ever going to need in a smartphone.

The Xperia Z3 smartphones and tablets are also a bit more expensive than a PS Vita, so there's no reason to gloat.

That said, the Z3 Compact could be my next smartphone and replace my Samsung S4 mini... but it won't replace my Vita.

I want to hold and use a smartphone comfortably with one hand... ~60 mm width of the iPhones or the S4 mini work best for me, but the 65 mm of the Z1 compact and Z3 compact are still okay. There aren't many smartphones with good specs in that size.