By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony announces new Xperia Z3... with ps4 streaming..

Mr.Playstation said:
So let's see all the feutures the vita has left:

1. Games made only for the vita ( No AAA games, mainly just indies and lego games )
2. Emmm................. Ps Now

Yep that is about it.

Well that is what mainly the majority of gamers told Sony they in fact wanted!

Any AAA exclusive for the playstation Vita was called a watered down ps3 port which many than would say I just would rather play the game on my PS3 anyway.

We as gamers are getting exactly what we deserve, a one company only handheld game system for all gamers to play and have fun with a Nintendo only being the main dedicated handheld gaming machine , because every others companies offerings are always in Nintendo's Shadow for dedicated Handheld gaming.

I own a playstation Vita and I am happy this happened, because Sony can now focus on living room game consoles. 

At least moving the playstation Vita to be a Micro-Game console gets the playstation vita platform out from under Nintendo's mobile game handheld shadow.

This at least gives it a fighting chance to still be a viable platform for  AAA to be made for the playstation vita as a "platform instead of " being only a indie machine which many people keep pointing out any way, the perception of the product is Exactly what the majority are calling it.

Sony is just making sure it freaking stays that way, at least with indies its low cost investment with a much higher chance to gather a ROI.

And for many that do say I'm never buy another sony handheld again ; well you don't have to worry about that now do you. Lmao

They Say why are you not mad at Sony for treating you that way?

Well in my opinion, Sony atleast did infact try to support the system its just the majority of gamers and the media wrote the d@mn system off. 

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

From the Sony Blog:

"Sony has engineered a revolution in gaming technology with the addition of PS4™ Remote Play on the Xperia Z3 series. With PS4 Remote Play, exclusive to Xperia, you can now use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. For those times when the TV is being used, simply connect your tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller with the GCM10 Game Control Mount to continue playing games anywhere at home on your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact."

Overall, Xperia's Remote Play hasn't really trumped or matched Vita's Remote Play yet. We'll see how long it'll take for Xperia's Remote Play to be good enough for everywhere use.

Aura7541 said:

From the Sony Blog:

"Sony has engineered a revolution in gaming technology with the addition of PS4™ Remote Play on the Xperia Z3 series. With PS4 Remote Play, exclusive to Xperia, you can now use your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4. For those times when the TV is being used, simply connect your tablet to your PS4 via home Wi-Fi and use the DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller with the GCM10 Game Control Mount to continue playing games anywhere at home on your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact."

Overall, Xperia's Remote Play hasn't really trumped or matched Vita's Remote Play yet. We'll see how long it'll take for Xperia's Remote Play to be good enough for everywhere use.

Its the same thing, Im sure it takes the same net speed to play away from home on Vita as it is the Z3

ktay95 said:
Aura7541 said:

From the Sony Blog:

Its the same thing, Im sure it takes the same net speed to play away from home on Vita as it is the Z3

I'm not so sure because otherwise, Sony would be saying "you can simply connect your tablet to your PS4 anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection." Sony was quite deliberate in their wording of what they actually said, so Xperia's Remote Play is still in its infant stages.

I'm not so sure because otherwise, Sony would be saying "you can simply connect your tablet to your PS4 anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection." Sony was quite deliberate in their wording of what they actually said, so Xperia's Remote Play is still in its infant stages.

Shh. You know you are talking too much common sense, and that the PSvita just needs to go away from the market because  its a non viable platform for many gamers and it has no use in the market. /s

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

Now I'm pretty pissed at my Z2... a whole 4 months out of date, should have known. Though there's definitely a chance of me getting it at some point {also, it's a fantastic phone}

In all seriousness there are a few things, firstly the Z3 itself has the same size screen as the Vita (pretty much), much higher resolution but not OLED. Having played Transistor on my Vita yesterday (while sitting in literally the same seat I would to play on the PS4), it played fine, but I don't get such good performance in other parts of the house

You also have to remember that only half the games are actually playable either due to tiny text or poor control reassignment. FIFA 14 is impossible because of the lack of the second trigger

So, the XPERIA Tablet Compact 3 fixes all these! 8" screen and then playing on DualShock 4 will be far better than a Vita. Z3 and Z3 compact will both be marginally better than the Vita given the DS4 and their far better (and more expensive) industrial design

So anyway, I think it is a really good move from Sony. I might well pick up a Tablet Compact, but I'm mostly hoping this comes to the XPERIA Z2

As much as I love Sony I must say this, Z3 is God awful of a phone, I mean WTF sony? this streaming shit happens over Wi-Fi and if they wanted they could port this to Z2 and Z1 as well, other than that do they expect people to go buy Z3's over Z2(wich is 200$ cheaper) because of that 250mhz overclock of the CPU? or because of that slightly increased brightness? Z2 and Z3 are exactly the same thing, dammit Sony :-@ so disappointed...

Add me if u want :)

Sony-For-Life said:
As much as I love Sony I must say this, Z3 is God awful of a phone, I mean WTF sony? this streaming shit happens over Wi-Fi and if they wanted they could port this to Z2 and Z1 as well, other than that do they expect people to go buy Z3's over Z2(wich is 200$ cheaper) because of that 250mhz overclock of the CPU? or because of that slightly increased brightness? Z2 and Z3 are exactly the same thing, dammit Sony :-@ so disappointed...

Welcome to smartphones, where the new model is almost the same as the old model =P

Seems clear this is more of a in home solution, a second screen play of tv thing.

So PS4 on tv, on 2nd tv through PStv and now on phone/tablet.

Now all we need is golden eye and things will be epic.

Munkeh111 said:
You also have to remember that only half the games are actually playable either due to tiny text or poor control reassignment. FIFA 14 is impossible because of the lack of the second 

Almost forgot that this is actually an improvement over Vita with the  DS4 controller instead of the emulated back touch stuff on the vita..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)