By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Relationship advice

Girlfriend of 11 months cheated on me when she was really drunk at a festival a few weeks ago. I dumped her ofcourse and blocked her on facebook so she couldn't communicate with me because she was sending me messages saying how much she loves me that were thousands of words long and so were her friends so I had to remove them too. She's been constantly doing things in the past few weeks to prove herself to me like come to my work, send me love letters and appear at my house looking like shit cos she's been crying so much. I've been fine the last few weeks cos ive kept myself busy with friends etc but it's starting to get hard now because I'm not doing anything til Saturday and I find myself missing her alot. It's tough because going from talking to someone pretty much all day everyday to no communication at all is a major shock to the system. I know she loves me alot and would do anything to get me back but I can't let myself do that cos I have too much self respect to be with someone who cheated on me. Any vgchartians have any experience of being in a situation like this? Any advice?

Around the Network

You're doing the right thing, being drunk is no excuse of being horny and have sex with someone else. You can never be drunk enough to forget that you truely love someone..

*gonna insert a NiKKoM shit that happend to me story when i'm not on my phone

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Btw.. You say you mis her.. But the question is do you still love her?

Ignore her, pretty much what Nikkom said.

NiKKoM said:
You're doing the right thing, being drunk is no excuse of being horny and have sex with someone else. You can never be drunk enough to forget that you truely love someone..

*gonna insert a NiKKoM shit that happend to me story when i'm not on my phone

Yeah I know..she's an extreme lightweight and would get extremely pissed after even a few beers, and she was drinking vodka and jagermeister at the time when she did it. But yeah that's no excuse. She also made him stop halfway through cos she remembered she had a boyfriend and then gave him a big drunken lecture about how he was using her and shit..I know this cos I seen the convo they had the morning after which occured before she told me. She messaged him asking him what happened and he explained

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
Btw.. You say you mis her.. But the question is do you still love her?

Dunno..when I think about what she did it makes me hate her. I just miss her friendship cos we spent so much time together and we were good friends before we were in a relationship

NobleTeam360 said:
Ignore her, pretty much what Nikkom said.

We're both going to the same festival this weekend so I'll definitely see her there..she'll not be drinking at it cos she says 'she'll never drink again after she let being drunk ruin the best thing that's ever happened to her'. But I will be drunk so I hope I don't hook up with her at it or do anything stupid..

Just say to her you need time to think it over.. play some videogames, hang out with friends.. sort your feelings for her out.. if you're still discusted at what she did, its over.. say its your choice if you want to continue the relationship, not hers, and you need the time.. Its really hard to reflect on your relationship if she is still around, sending messages or surprising you by being naked in the living room when you come home (and thats the NiKKoM shit that happend to me story)

NiKKoM said:

Just say to her you need time to think it over.. play some videogames, hang out with friends.. sort your feelings for her out.. if you're still discusted at what she did, its over.. say its your choice if you want to continue the relationship, not hers, and you need the time.. Its really hard to reflect on your relationship if she is still around, sending messages or surprising you by being naked in the living room when you come home (and thats the NiKKoM shit that happend to me story)

Haha I think my ex would've been naked in the living too if she had a way in. When I walked past her to get into my house she grabbed me and said she'd do anything to get me back with a really suggestive look on her face and I just pushed her away

Damn brother, that's rough. I'd just say, it depends on how much you love her and if you're willing to forgive her this one time. 11 months is a pretty good amount of time to be together. For some people, cheating is the only thing they won't tolerate. "One strike and you're out" kind of deal. Others can forgive a one-time incident. I think you have good advice from the others to think it over for a bit and tell her you need some time to process it. You may feel differently after the hurt dies down. It just depends on if you see yourself with her after that happens.

Good luck, man and sorry to hear about it. I know I don't know you, but regardless, being cheated on sucks from personal experience.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P