By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much will Watch Dogs on Wii U sell lifetime?

How much will Watch Dogs Wii U sell?

less than 100k 97 27.25%

100k-200k 88 24.72%

200k-300k 61 17.13%

300k-400k 45 12.64%

400k-500k 24 6.74%

more than 500k 41 11.52%

Total:356
flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:
Honestly, considering everything going against it, (delay, deflated hype, resentment of Ubisoft, competition from the likes of Smash Bros, likely a low quality port, etc) I'd be taken aback if it crosses the 200k mark.

Well, it does have a few things in favor also, the user base is bigger, it will have the holiday push behind it, it has almost zero competition from something similar for the console. I don't have very high hopes for the game, but I do think it can go higher than 200k, but not enough to reach 300k. I know I will be doing my best to interest a few fellow gamers to buy it, my only problem would be the quality of the port, I just hope that is decent/good.

I will buy it if it's not a technical mess with a horrid framerate.

Around the Network
flagstaad said:
curl-6 said:
Honestly, considering everything going against it, (delay, deflated hype, resentment of Ubisoft, competition from the likes of Smash Bros, likely a low quality port, etc) I'd be taken aback if it crosses the 200k mark.

Well, it does have a few things in favor also, the user base is bigger, it will have the holiday push behind it, it has almost zero competition from something similar for the console. I don't have very high hopes for the game, but I do think it can go higher than 200k, but not enough to reach 300k. I know I will be doing my best to interest a few fellow gamers to buy it, my only problem would be the quality of the port, I just hope that is decent/good.

I think the underlined part of your statement will be the only reason it sells decent if it actually does.

Less than 200k

Shadowfest3 said:

I think the underlined part of your statement will be the only reason it sells decent if it actually does.

The holiday sales could also be a big one, for years the publishers have been analyzing trends and they have seen that Nintendo consoles in particular benefit a lot from the holiday period, to the point that if one of their games miss it, they start to wonder if it is not better to just cancel the game. I have 2 friends that work in the industry and both have told me the same, if you can't get the game before black friday in USA and before christimas shopping in Europe, don't bother, this applies to the Wii U, the handheld have another period of good sales just before and during the start of the summer vacations (in USA at least).

That is partially one of the reasons why Ubisoft was willing to "sacrifice" the Wii U version of Watch_dogs in favor of the other ones, but it cannot allow it to slip further.