By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction :Xbox One will outsell Wii-U by half a million in September.

500k is quite a lot. It'll outsell it ofcourse, but not by that much.

Let's assume the U averages 60k because of various game releases in September. For it to outsell it by 500k, then the XOne would have to sell around 185k a week; which is more than a 300% increase on the weekly average right now. Yes, Tier 2 countries help and Destiny will help as well; but the average will probably be closer to 120k, or doubled sales for the month. So 200-250k difference in September seems more reasonable.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:
Boys, the XBOX ONE will sell for sure more than 500,000 in September... have 5 week month, so, is impossible less than 100,000 on week.
I said 700,000.

OT: Wii U will sell 400,000, so, no.

The XB1 hasn't sold 500,000 in any month this year, including Titanfall month & price cut month.  Destiny won't give that much boost.  I think it all hangs on how much we think Tier 2 countries will open at.

My 8th gen collection

drake_tolu said:

You have broke balls.

You have nothing to do than respond to my comments?

Stop it.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

I highly doubt Seece's balls are broken... :D

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ICStats said:
drake_tolu said:
Boys, the XBOX ONE will sell for sure more than 500,000 in September... have 5 week month, so, is impossible less than 100,000 on week.
I said 700,000.

The XB1 hasn't sold 500,000 in any month this year, including Titanfall month & price cut month.  Destiny won't give that much boost.  I think it all hangs on how much we think Tier 2 countries will open at.

Pretty sure it has, did 311k in the US alone. if US is 65% of its market as LTD and other figures suggest (actually outside of US the ratio is higher than last holiday). You're looking at 500k~

I agree that X1 will most probably outsell WiiU in sept. But i would say by a much shorter amount. Maybe 100k difference.

Around the Network
Seece said:
ICStats said:
drake_tolu said:
I said 700,000.

Pretty sure it has, did 311k in the US alone. if US is 65% of its market as LTD and other figures suggest (actually outside of US the ratio is higher than last holiday). You're looking at 500k~

http://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_yoy.php?reg=Global&start_year=2013&end_year=2014&console=XOne

My 8th gen collection

Wow, this isn't looking so crazy after all.

well its close but wont do more than that really

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:

That all depends on the numbers for the 20th, 27th and 4th.

It's at 215k~ needs an average of 95k over the next 3 weeks.

China alone could provide a good boost in the last week.

Europe for last week should be 60k+ at least (20 - 25k in UK, 15k+ in Russia.)

Seece said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

That all depends on the numbers for the 20th, 27th and 4th.

It's at 215k~ needs an average of 95k over the next 3 weeks.

China alone could provide a good boost in the last week.

Europe for last week should be 60k+ at least (20 - 25k in UK, 15k+ in Russia.)

I really dont see that hapenning fifa will boost eu to 40k at most and us will kep going down

I think it will miss it by 100k

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3