By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction :Xbox One will outsell Wii-U by half a million in September.

Seece said:
rayearth said:

xone won't even sell 500k in september. and it will be outsold by wii u.

In September? How?

Are you forgetting about Hyrule Warriors? That's going to be a major system seller! 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Seece said:

This is all very niche and uneventful guys.

All the small things add up, this prediction is too bold, I agree that the X1 will outsell the Wii U for September, but not by that much, I am thinking more in the lines of 200k - 250k units.

flagstaad said:
Seece said:

This is all very niche and uneventful guys.

All the small things add up, this prediction is too bold, I agree that the X1 will outsell the Wii U for September, but not by that much, I am thinking more in the lines of 200k - 250k units.

I agree it's bold (and don't think it'll be 500k ahead) moreso replying to the guy that thinks WiiU will outsell XB1 in September.

Fusioncode said:
Seece said:
rayearth said:

xone won't even sell 500k in september. and it will be outsold by wii u.

In September? How?

Are you forgetting about Hyrule Warriors? That's going to be a major system seller! 

Damn you're right, after the huge boost it got in Japan as well.

JWeinCom said:
I'm not sure the XBox One will sell 500,000 in September...

What he says.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

Around the Network

September won't be a great month for XB1. If you said November it would be more plausible (though I still don't think the gap will be that large).

XB1 is a long shot to sell 500k globally in September. That's 125k/week, or over 100% more than recent weekly sales.

fleischr said:
Don't forget:
Fatal Frame and Bayonetta 2 come to Japan in September.
Hyrule Warriors comes to NA and Europe in September as well.
I think Disney Infinity comes to Wii U in September too -- that has more system selling power for Ninty than you might think!

Well, Fatal Frame and Bayonetta won't sell a lot. I'm not counting on Hyrule Warriors doing that too. X1 will have Destiny, CoD, BF, Fifa, Madden, Far Cry 4, AC: Unity, Halo MCC. That's a lot more selling power. Way more:

Fatal Frame franchise: 0.6M

Bayonetta: first did 2M

Disney: 3.5M all platforms combined. 1M on Wii. It's on X1 and PS4 too. Wii version and 360 version were basically the same.

Hyrule: did 0.09M in Japan. It's a very Japanese oriented game.

Just Destiny X1 can outsell all these guys combined. Except Disney Infinity, the other 3 games would be happy if they sold LT wordwide the same number that Destiny has of X1 preorders in the US.

I think Nintendo's exclusives in september/october will keep the advantage for the Wii U at 800 000

Wii U will probabally sell around 240k globally.

I expect the X1 to sell around 600-700k, so I guess it is quite possible.

Looking Foward, October will be full of games like Forza Horizon, Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, & a bunch of Multiplatforms, so expect the X1 to win again by about 200k+, and in November, it should continue that trend with Halo MCC & Cod Bundle out to sell 300k+ more than Wii U.  (which means it will have closed the gap by about 1M by December.)

Now I don't really expect it to do much better than Wii U for the Holiday as the Wii sells really good for Christmas, and Smash Bros. will make a big splash.  I think they will do about even for December which puts X1 about 1M behind Wii U going into next year.

Who knows though, anything could happen.  I honestly hope they both do great!

torok said:
fleischr said:
Don't forget:
Fatal Frame and Bayonetta 2 come to Japan in September.
Hyrule Warriors comes to NA and Europe in September as well.
I think Disney Infinity comes to Wii U in September too -- that has more system selling power for Ninty than you might think!

Well, Fatal Frame and Bayonetta won't sell a lot. I'm not counting on Hyrule Warriors doing that too. X1 will have Destiny, CoD, BF, Fifa, Madden, Far Cry 4, AC: Unity, Halo MCC. That's a lot more selling power. Way more:

Fatal Frame franchise: 0.6M

Bayonetta: first did 2M

Disney: 3.5M all platforms combined. 1M on Wii. It's on X1 and PS4 too. Wii version and 360 version were basically the same.

Hyrule: did 0.09M in Japan. It's a very Japanese oriented game.

Just Destiny X1 can outsell all these guys combined. Except Disney Infinity, the other 3 games would be happy if they sold LT wordwide the same number that Destiny has of X1 preorders in the US.

The problem is that almost all of those games are also available on a more popular system (and older systems that people already own).  Given the choice, most people will just pick up the PS4.  I think it's mostly going to come down to Halo MCC's selling power.