By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction :Xbox One will outsell Wii-U by half a million in September.

Hmm. Maybe? I mean, it wouldn't be IMPOSSIBLE for it to outsell Wii U, although it would have to be pretty successful in those markets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but NA is usually Xbox's strongest region. If it's not #1 here, I don't see it having that great of success in the tier 2's either.

Around the Network

XBox One should outsell WiiU this month with the launch in the remaining countries and the launch of a big game like Destiny.

However I'm hesitant to believe it will do so in a manner as significant as this prediction. Everything could happen, but I think Destiny will boost the PS4 in big way and not so much for XBox One. Some, of course, but not in the amount you're thinking of, nowhere near 50-80k on top of it's baseline today. The so-called 'Tier 2 Countries' are just that because they don't give two shits about XBox in general. It's weekly baseline will only get raised a couple k's at most, and the launch will also not be huge in any way. 100k that week in Europe should be doable though. Many of those countries (especially the richer ones) have had the XBox One 'unofficially' since launch already.

October will be anyone's game again and for the moment I'd give the holidays to WiiU (behind PS4 of course), due to the continued success of Mario Kart, which together with Smash, will break some pots in november and december.

Crazy, you think X1 will sell more than 2m in september ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Jeez. That is very bold. Catching up to the Wii U MAYBE, but 500k lead? Not till holidays.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Toastboy?

as much as i would like to see more success for consoles like the xbo, i dont think so. maybe closer to a halo 5 release but not this year.

Around the Network

So you thik xone is going to sell nearly 750,000 consoles in september alone? I really dont think so. It MAY out sell wii u again with destiny hype but not by 500k and then I reckon oct-jan is wii u's again

tak13 said:
AZWification said:

Exactly! I don't think anyone should epxect small countries like Hungary and the Czech Republic to make a difference! Heck, not even bigger countries like Argentina and India will help that much! :S

what? how you dare to say that your neighbours have a small country:P!Argentina didnt bankrupt?

Well, Romanians and Hungarians aren't good friends at all!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's gonna be fun, this last quarter overall! I can finally see a fight instead of participating like it has been until now in the PS3 era :D

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

PS3 sold 500k on its European launch back in 2007. That was with a huge amount of brand name recognition in the region and significant hype leading up to the launch. Europe as a whole is leaps and bounds larger than X1's tier 2 countries and MS doesn't have the brand name advantage. X1 will be lucky to crack 100k in its tier 2 launch countries.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Yea, not going to happen. Well, unless you think the Wii U is going to sell (-)100K-(-)200K. In other words, the One isn't even making it to 500K.