By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction :Xbox One will outsell Wii-U by half a million in September.

545k VS 175k so far with 1 week to go. (which should be 170k/200k for XB1 and 45k for WiiU)

So 715k/745k XB1 Vs. 220k WiiU.

495k/525k lead for XB1.

Around the Network
Seece said:

545k VS 175k so far with 1 week to go. (which should be 170k/200k for XB1 and 45k for WiiU)

495k/525k lead for XB1.

Woop woop. Gap might be a similar ratio in October as well, 3:1

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Everyone said no lol but looks like u guys were right. It will be at least 450k differance when the numbers come in.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Welfare said:
Seece said:

495k/525k lead for XB1.

October hasnt release in tier 2 countries...so my question is, what games will release this month for xbone?

tak13 said:
Welfare said:
Seece said:

495k/525k lead for XB1.

October hasnt release in tier 2 countries...so my question is, what games will release this month for xbone?

NBA 2K15, Project Spark, Alien Isolation, The Evil Within, Just Dance 2015, Lords of the Fallen, NBA Live 15, Sunset Overdrive, and the White Model Sunset Overdrive Bundle.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
fleischr said:
Don't forget:
Fatal Frame and Bayonetta 2 come to Japan in September.
Hyrule Warriors comes to NA and Europe in September as well.
I think Disney Infinity comes to Wii U in September too -- that has more system selling power for Ninty than you might think!

Well it seems those games didn't do much for Wii U at all.

wary-wallaroo said:
It won't be close to that. There's no reason why Destony would boost X1 in any sigificant manner and it'll be DOA in tier 2 countries. Seriously, some of you guys are too hopeful

So....you shouldn't be an analyst.

jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
It won't be close to that. There's no reason why Destony would boost X1 in any sigificant manner and it'll be DOA in tier 2 countries. Seriously, some of you guys are too hopeful

Lol, I don't think anyone here should. It's all predictions and estimates, bound to get some wrong, as is the case. I'm suprised the X1 managed such a high number, though it's obvious I underestimated it's launch effect in tier 2 countries. It'll slow down in October I think, before picking up in Nov and Dec and then crashing down in Jan.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It'd be awfulky boring if I was right all the time

wary-wallaroo said:
jlmurph2 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

Lol, I don't think anyone here should. It's all predictions and estimates, bound to get some wrong, as is the case. I'm suprised the X1 managed such a high number, though it's obvious I underestimated it's launch effect in tier 2 countries. It'll slow down in October I think, before picking up in Nov and Dec and then crashing down in Jan.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It'd be awfulky boring if I was right all the time

It's not that you're wrong. Its that you don't use logic when making predictions. The simple fact that Destiny was a hyped FPS made by bungie should have let you know that it would give a boost. And with all those countries there's bound to be sales. You simply felt that because Destiny was a PS4 marketed game that it would do nothing for Xbox One and that whoever wanted an Xbox One already had it. Both of which were flawed predictions before they were disproven. 

jlmurph2 said:

It's not that you're wrong. Its that you don't use logic when making predictions. The simple fact that Destiny was a hyped FPS made by bungie should have let you know that it would give a boost. And with all those countries there's bound to be sales. You simply felt that because Destiny was a PS4 marketed game that it would do nothing for Xbox One and that whoever wanted an Xbox One already had it. Both of which were flawed predictions before they were disproven. 

Yet I didn't say it'd do nothing. I said it wouldn't provide a boost in any significant manner. And I underestimated the effect of launch sales by a good degree too.  I feel the numbers for the month will likely end up being over tracked to some degree, but even if that were the case I'd still be wrong, and I've no issue with my prediction being wrong. I didn't think it'd be enough to boost the X1 500k overthe Wii U

Quote Tree Shortened - Conegamer