By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - should nintendo do a price cut of 50%,in 3ds ,3ds xl, 2ds ?

should nintendo do a price cut of 50%,in 3ds ,3ds xl, 2ds ?

yes 49 50.52%

no 48 49.48%

Total:97
tak13 said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Yea, they should do a price but not by a ridicules amount where they would be losing money...

hahhahahaahaha the crazy sales that my suggestion could drive,would cover them!how much 3ds actually cost?e.g i phone costs 799$ but its hardware actually cost 179$,i ll repeat how much 3ds hardware costs?

Yea but its not the samething though... When the 3ds launched, it was being sold at a loss per unit and only started making money on a per unit sold in 2012 and I doubt the 3ds can get too much cheaper this year. 3ds =/= phone

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

A price cut of over 50%?! o.O

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I see 3ds xl will become 159.99 :P
original 3ds 129.99
2ds 99.99

new 3ds: 159.99
new 3ds xl 199.99

damn that's a to price

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
RolStoppable said:
You don't have any idea how Nintendo's financials look like, do you?

mmmmm i made a question,just answer to it!do not digress!I know them!do you know that sales 3ds will fall off a cliff in usa and europe, if nintendo do not do a price cut,because everyone will wait the successors...

It would be much better for the sales to fall off a cliff than for them to sell a huge amount at a loss.

as i said to jizz i phone costs 799$ but its hardware costs 179...do you feel that 3dsxl s cost more than 90$? i have another example ,nokia lumia 1020 in the beggining was costing 699$ ,after 1year cost 330$,did it make a loss?No it dint ,plus that its sales had been increased....!at least you agree that a price cut is indispensable?

RolStoppable said:
tak13 said:
RolStoppable said:
You don't have any idea how Nintendo's financials look like, do you?

mmmmm i made a question,just answer to it!do not digress!I know them!do you know that sales 3ds will fall off a cliff in usa and europe, if nintendo do not do a price cut,because everyone will wait the successors...

Sorry, profitability is always relevant to a discussion for a price cut. Your suggested cuts (50%) are simply not feasible.

If people already decided to wait for the redesign, then a price cut on the existing models won't sway them. A small price cut (except for 2DS) is likely going to happen once the New 3DS launches, to make the existing models cheaper than the new ones.

thats what i wanted from you,a discussion: not a reprimand:Pa lot are saying me this,so i will repeat my answers
as i said to jizz i phone costs 799$ but its hardware costs 179...do you feel that 3dsxl s cost more than 90$?to ka-pi, i have another example ,nokia lumia 1020 in the beggining was costing 699$ ,after 1year cost 330$,did it make a loss?No it dint ,plus that its sales had been increased....!at least you agree that a price cut is indispensable?

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Yea, they should do a price but not by a ridicules amount where they would be losing money...

hahhahahaahaha the crazy sales that my suggestion could drive,would cover them!how much 3ds actually cost?e.g i phone costs 799$ but its hardware actually cost 179$,i ll repeat how much 3ds hardware costs?

source?

RolStoppable said:
tak13 said:

thats what i wanted from you,a discussion: not a reprimand:Pa lot are saying the same,so i will repeat my answers
as i said to jizz i phone costs 799$ but its hardware costs 179...do you feel that 3dsxl s cost more than 90$?to ka-pi, i have another example ,nokia lumia 1020 in the beggining was costing 699$ ,after 1year cost 330$,did it make a loss?No it dint ,plus that its sales had been increased....!at least you agree that a price cut is indispensable?

Prices for phones are an entirely different thing, because companies want to force people into contracts. Therefore they make the standalone prices outrageous.

Video game hardware works with much slimmer margins, so yes, I am sure that the 3DS XL still costs more than $90 to manufacture. When it launched at $199 two years ago, Nintendo didn't even include a charger in the package. That should give you an idea how desperate Nintendo was to sell the thing at a profitable price.

okey dokey(Mario s phrase:P)3ds/xl/2ds need a substantial price cut!if you were i agree with this,what your suggestions would be?

Teeqoz said:
tak13 said:

source?

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2518422/apple-mac/iphone-4-parts-cost-apple-just--171.html iphone 4!but all iphones hardware cost has an average of 185$

A price cut? Maybe, surely wouldn't hurt, but 50%? No way!

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

25% sure, 50% is just stupid