By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't know why people think Smash will do wonders for the Wii U.

RealGamingExpert said:
Danman27 said:
sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million.  What makes you think it will give the Wii U a significant boost? Despite there being almost no games for xbox and ps4 during the summer (also known as the summer drought) it couldn't beat ps4 and it did slightly better than xbox one.  I don't understand why some people are thinking it help Wii U out sell Xbox One during the holidays when Xbox One and PS4 releases are Fifa, Destiny,COD, MCC, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Unity, Far Cry 4,Drive Club ,little big planet and more. Not only this, but North America Favors Xbox and Playstation and North America buys the most products during the holidays. Maybe I am missing something.

Oh my God, YES! This has been what I've been saying on this forum for months. I see crap like "MK8 helped, but wait til you see what SSB does!" Mario kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise! SSB is barely in the top 5 if that. Don't get me wrong, I think that SSB is a far superior game to Mario Kart (see: it's actually fun). If things were my way, Mario kart would be a flop and SSB would be nintendo's biggest series, but that's not what history shows us. Also, SSB is also on the 3ds which will further decease sales. 

Don't make yourself ridiculous now... You're pretty much the only one who thinks that MK8 is a bad game and Smash won't do much for the Wii U.

Smash and MK sales were always close to each other with the only exception being the Wii, the most casual console of all time.

I was saying that Mario kart will do more for the wiiu despite the fact that I think it's an awful game. I don't have the popular opinion on that, I know. And no, smash and mk weren't always close. SSB Melee sold SLIGHTLY better than double dash. SSB 64 had half the sales of MK64, and mku had triple the sales of brawl.  Also keep in mind that the fact the SSB is on 3ds will have a large impact on sales. 

Around the Network
TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

Difference between MK+SSB.

MK >>> SSB in terms of sales but SSB >>> MK as a system seller.

Many MK8 owners already had a wiiu, but SSB is not the same. Many are actually waiting intill Smash Drops to pick up a wiiu.

Is there any proof of this? I'm just curious to know if this has happened in the past, or if this is just a dream.

Want proof? Its not that long intill you see it. SSB will clearly push mre, and its not a dream.

tbone51 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

Many MK8 owners already had a wiiu, but SSB is not the same. Many are actually waiting intill Smash Drops to pick up a wiiu.

Is there any proof of this? I'm just curious to know if this has happened in the past, or if this is just a dream.

Want proof? Its not that long intill you see it. SSB will clearly push mre, and its not a dream.

Son, that ain't no proof.

Proof = evidence, ergo it has to have occured or have some signs. Just saying "It will!" is merely dreams. If you could show it did well for the GC or has high preorder bundles etc, then sure. But as it stands, the WiiU can't be saved by one more game.

Ryudo said:
Yeah this dude is trolling so it's useless

Guy has a pretty legit point. Why would SSB save the WiiU. Has anyone got proof of any SSB game shifting tons of consoles?

TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
tbone51 said:

Son, that ain't no proof.

Proof = evidence, ergo it has to have occured or have some signs. Just saying "It will!" is merely dreams. If you could show it did well for the GC or has high preorder bundles etc, then sure. But as it stands, the WiiU can't be saved by one more game.

Not saying WiiU will be saved, Cuz it needs much more than that :)

I dont have proof your right, i also dont have proof that SSB for 3DS will sell over 5mil, but i think overall impressions insist that. 

TBH, why am i saying this? (ssb is a bigger system seller). Its because i see so much more hype and notice a ton of people overall that is solely getting a wiiu for SSB.

Anywayz, we will see soon enough as it comes out this year. If WiiU holiday is alot, i mean alot better than last years, its definitely due toSmash!

They're in denial. Mario Kart is a much bigger franchise than Smash Bros, it is far less of a system seller. The effect of MK wasn't that big. You will see, Smash Bros will sell millions, but it will barely sell any Wii U consoles. Most people who want Smash already have a Wii U.

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million.  What makes you think it will give the Wii U a significant boost? Despite there being almost no games for xbox and ps4 during the summer (also known as the summer drought) it couldn't beat ps4 and it did slightly better than xbox one.  I don't understand why some people are thinking it help Wii U out sell Xbox One during the holidays when Xbox One and PS4 releases are Fifa, Destiny,COD, MCC, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Unity, Far Cry 4,Drive Club ,little big planet and more. Not only this, but North America Favors Xbox and Playstation and North America buys the most products during the holidays. Maybe I am missing something.

Well personally i believe SSBU will raise sales numbers, but not to any 'wonder'-like amounts. And WiiU is outselling X1 right now even pre-SSBU, there is no need for a "significant boost" to outsell x1. That really doesn't make any sense. 

Contrary to that i don't get why some people believe wonders to happen on the x1 side, because yes, it is the x1 that needs a significant boost if it wants to outsell the WiiU during the holidays!

Danman27 said:
platformmaster918 said:
I know plenty of people who are more excited for Smash. I've got the bundle pre-ordered but already got it when I found it for $200 refurbished (though I'm convinced it was brand new after opening it) through Nintendo with a solid library.

I would love to see numbers for this claim. Because I'm betting you couldn't present any, and it's entirely wishful thinking. 

not really wishful thinking I've already got what I want out of the WiiU (Smash and Kart and some platformers) but just anecdotal stuff

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Turkish said:
They're in denial. Mario Kart is a much bigger franchise than Smash Bros, it is far less of a system seller. The effect of MK wasn't that big. You will see, Smash Bros will sell millions, but it will barely sell any Wii U consoles. Most people who want Smash already have a Wii U.

I'll be gladly to show you how wrong you are come release of SSBU.

I have to agree here. SSB will help Wii U? Sure it will.
Will move millions of Wii U? No it won't

Click HERE and be happy 

It won't do much don't believe the hype, people always oversale games before they are release, they will be back to reality after the game is release and adjustment ofcourse :D

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.