By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't know why people think Smash will do wonders for the Wii U.

sweetoothj said:

You guys are acting like 3 million is a lot for Nintendo's biggest game. I mean Titan Fall that is a new ip and did those numbers on xbox one alone. If I came out and said Halo 5 sold 3 million you guys will say Halo is dead and Microsoft is doom. Those aren't good numbers for a big franchise.

no we wont!......stop what you are doing,you re being exposed!mario kart 3m in two months,it s a big thing!you are acting like 3m are the lifetime sales...!oh my gosh...!

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

You guys are acting like 3 million is a lot for Nintendo's biggest game. I mean Titan Fall that is a new ip and did those numbers on xbox one alone. If I came out and said Halo 5 sold 3 million you guys will say Halo is dead and Microsoft is doom. Those aren't good numbers for a big franchise.

Yo, seriously pls..... MK8 is over 3mil now, its only been 3 months. Its going to be over 7mil lifetime at this rate. As for super smash, its going to be huge on both 3DS and WiiU.

I dont kno why you thinkSSB is going to sell so low for?

tbone51 said:
gergroy said:

That doesnt do anything but prove that mario kart would sell more systems.  If you go back to nintendos hardcore console the gamecube (even though that is way too far back to have any meaningful co parison to today) they sold essentially the same amount (even though mario kart had less time on the market). So if anything, they would be equal in terms of system selling capabilities by your argument. 

However, casual/hardcore doesnt mean anything.  It is vague and general and is used to justify an unsubstantiated opinion.  Fact is, smash on the wii u is actually poised to have the least system selling capabilities for the home console of any smash game before simply because it is splitting potential custumers between the wii u and 3ds.  

Smash will sell well and sell systems, but it isnt going to have nearly the effect mario kart had if for no other reason than the 3ds version exists and will pull sales away from the wii u...

We'll see soon enough, if wiiu has a great increase with SSB then SSB was definitely the better systemseller as MK8 did ok, nothing brag worthy (though Software sales is another story as that did surprisely well.

Mk8 has had a huge effect on system sales!  Are you serious?  It freaking moved the baseline of weekly sales up by almost 20k!  Most game boosts to sales burn out after a few weeks, mario kart has had a fairly permanent effect!  

sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million

LOL

tbone51 said:
sweetoothj said:

Yo, seriously pls..... MK8 is over 3mil now, its only been 3 months. Its going to be over 7mil lifetime at this rate. As for super smash, its going to be huge on both 3DS and WiiU.

I dont kno why you thinkSSB is going to sell so low for?

tbone this is the member who called us nintetoddlers and that he is looking forward to see us crying when xbone will pass wii u!now you know why he thinks that ssb will sell so low...!

Around the Network
platformmaster918 said:
I know plenty of people who are more excited for Smash. I've got the bundle pre-ordered but already got it when I found it for $200 refurbished (though I'm convinced it was brand new after opening it) through Nintendo with a solid library.

I would love to see numbers for this claim. Because I'm betting you couldn't present any, and it's entirely wishful thinking. 

Miyamotoo said:
sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million

LOL

He is using vgchartz numbers

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71408/mario-kart-8/

is that really funny considering we are on vgchartz?

Miyamotoo said:
sweetoothj said:

LOL

Going off of vgchartz, we all know it will sell more over the years obviously especially since Nintendo Wii U has no competition from third party developers. But Titan Fall pulled off similar numbers and that was a new IP. It may not keep selling due to the fact there will be a Titan Fall 2 and xbox one has a lot of games for titan fall to compete with from third party to exclusives.

Danman27 said:
platformmaster918 said:
I know plenty of people who are more excited for Smash. I've got the bundle pre-ordered but already got it when I found it for $200 refurbished (though I'm convinced it was brand new after opening it) through Nintendo with a solid library.

I would love to see numbers for this claim. Because I'm betting you couldn't present any, and it's entirely wishful thinking. 

He should give you data for people he knows!?

Yeah i also make all kind of data for everything in my life...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

tbone51 said:

Difference between MK+SSB.

MK >>> SSB in terms of sales but SSB >>> MK as a system seller.

Many MK8 owners already had a wiiu, but SSB is not the same. Many are actually waiting intill Smash Drops to pick up a wiiu.

Is there any proof of this? I'm just curious to know if this has happened in the past, or if this is just a dream.