By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't know why people think Smash will do wonders for the Wii U.

sweetoothj said:
jigokutamago said:
Its not that Smash will sell more Wii Us than Mario Kart. Its that Smash + Mario Kart (also + Bayonetta + Hyrule Warriors) will sell more Wii Us than Mario Kart alone.

Bayonetta? Bayonetta only sold around 2 - 3 million lifetime on both xbox 360 and ps3 when they had a install base of 100 million combine. You really think it's going to do great on the Wii U?

No, I don't actually think it is going to do all that great.

The point I was trying to make was simply that people are more likely buy a console with more games.

Around the Network
sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million.  What makes you think it will give the Wii U a significant boost? Despite there being almost no games for xbox and ps4 during the summer (also known as the summer drought) it couldn't beat ps4 and it did slightly better than xbox one.  I don't understand why some people are thinking it help Wii U out sell Xbox One during the holidays when Xbox One and PS4 releases are Fifa, Destiny,COD, MCC, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Unity, Far Cry 4,Drive Club ,little big planet and more. Not only this, but North America Favors Xbox and Playstation and North America buys the most products during the holidays. Maybe I am missing something.

Oh my God, YES! This has been what I've been saying on this forum for months. I see crap like "MK8 helped, but wait til you see what SSB does!" Mario kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise! SSB is barely in the top 5 if that. Don't get me wrong, I think that SSB is a far superior game to Mario Kart (see: it's actually fun). If things were my way, Mario kart would be a flop and SSB would be nintendo's biggest series, but that's not what history shows us. Also, SSB is also on the 3ds which will further decease sales. 

I wonder why people always make "I wonder why people think GameX will save WiiU" threads.

its not that 1 game will save the system its just that having another good game will add to the consoles value and will convince some people to buy the system, This is exactly what you are missing

This answer was for MarioKart is for Smash is for X is for Zelda and any other title coming also Bayonetta2 etc. So my dear vgcharts members just remember that and stop asking the same questions all the time. Thank you.

You have an Xbone don't you?

sweetoothj said:
jigokutamago said:
Its not that Smash will sell more Wii Us than Mario Kart. Its that Smash + Mario Kart (also + Bayonetta + Hyrule Warriors) will sell more Wii Us than Mario Kart alone.

Bayonetta? Bayonetta only sold around 2 - 3 million lifetime on both xbox 360 and ps3 when they had a install base of 100 million combine. You really think it's going to do great on the Wii U?

Wow you're a dull one in the shed. It sold approx 2 million and was a new and unknown IP that got hardly any marketing if any from SEGA.

The game is a well known now has grown a fanbase that goes beyond what was sols thanks to word of mouth and used copies sold. It has a cult following. Nintendo has been pushing the game at every gaming event and even including a free game with it plus costumes. The game will likely do well and make profit even if it doesn't outsell the previous game but has a good chance to do so as well if not just match it.

You have yet to say anything that isn't basless uninformed garbage.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
Danman27 said:
sweetoothj said:

Mario Kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise and has almost 3 times the fanbase of Smash and Mario Kart Wii U sold only 2.5 million.  What makes you think it will give the Wii U a significant boost? Despite there being almost no games for xbox and ps4 during the summer (also known as the summer drought) it couldn't beat ps4 and it did slightly better than xbox one.  I don't understand why some people are thinking it help Wii U out sell Xbox One during the holidays when Xbox One and PS4 releases are Fifa, Destiny,COD, MCC, Forza, Sunset Overdrive, Unity, Far Cry 4,Drive Club ,little big planet and more. Not only this, but North America Favors Xbox and Playstation and North America buys the most products during the holidays. Maybe I am missing something.

Oh my God, YES! This has been what I've been saying on this forum for months. I see crap like "MK8 helped, but wait til you see what SSB does!" Mario kart is Nintendo's biggest franchise! SSB is barely in the top 5 if that. Don't get me wrong, I think that SSB is a far superior game to Mario Kart (see: it's actually fun). If things were my way, Mario kart would be a flop and SSB would be nintendo's biggest series, but that's not what history shows us. Also, SSB is also on the 3ds which will further decease sales. 

To be honest I don't think the handheld version will decrease it too much considering that portable gaming and console gaming are two different markets. Will it decrease because of it? Yes? Will it be by a lot? I don't think so.

Danman27 said:
sweetoothj said:

Don't make yourself ridiculous now... You're pretty much the only one who thinks that MK8 is a bad game and Smash won't do much for the Wii U.

Smash and MK sales were always close to each other with the only exception being the Wii, the most casual console of all time.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

spurgeonryan said:
Whatever. Is this a serious thread? Look at GC sales.

It's obviously not...

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

tbone51 said:

Difference between MK+SSB.

MK >>> SSB in terms of sales but SSB >>> MK as a system seller.

Many MK8 owners already had a wiiu, but SSB is not the same. Many are actually waiting intill Smash Drops to pick up a wiiu.

Do you have any kind of date for that claim? 

Yeah this dude is trolling so it's useless