By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't know why people think Smash will do wonders for the Wii U.

earthtrues said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
tbone51 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Lets hope it reaches those numbers then, shall we?

NP :) SSB hit 5mil >_<

It would be a miracle if the Wii U outsells the GC in five years time. Doesnt look like it so I cant see Smashes sales going over 3-3.5 M if it launches anywhere near this time period.

prepare to swallow those words.

GameCube (GC) 12.55 4.44 4.04 0.71 21.74

This is the last core dependent Wii console with at least some third party compared to the competition. The Wii U is on its second year heading towards its third and is at 7 million consoles sold. The Gamecube sold 21 million over a span of six years, but replaced  the Cube after five years with the Wii. Its going to be a slow burn for Nintendo. I hope they prove me wrong, but if they don't sell 12 million by November 2015 there will be problems. 

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
LinkTheHuman said:
Cobretti2 said:

System Seller:

'Nuff said:

lol, however I would love to see something like this for the wii u itself, not just a wii u with the game but an actual SSB custom themed wii u console with the game + a specically themed SSB themed gamecube controller and GC controller adapter. Oh man, That'd be so fucking cool. Mother fucker I would buy a new wii u, sell my old one just to have that special theme, okay maybe not but still holy shit units would fucking fly off the shelves if they did, fucking hell, Nintendo I am begging you right now.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES
Gamecube is love, Gamecube is life.

I find some of the points questioned here irrelevent, for example; 

1. Mario kart wii sold 3 time as many units as ssb brawl due to a casual gamer demographic Nintendo now doesn't posses. 

2. It's established that only Nintendo fans are purchasing the wii u, and most of the people who brought mario kart 8 and ssb brawl are core nintendo fans. 

3. Using sales from the wii should be compared to games that are targetting casual gamers (not games such as mario kart 8 SSb 4) 

Also it is very hard to convince a consumer to make a $300-350 purchase over one killer app bundle (mk8) however convincing a consumer to make a $300-350 purchase with two killer apps (mk8 and ssb4 bundle) is a shit load easier. not to mention nintendo fans predict this'll be the turning point where the wii u has just enough interest to meet worthy demand. 

I could be completely incorrect and that gamers are simply bying the SSb4 and mk8 bundle (there are other games in the bundle) just to wipe their asses until they bleed, but only time will tell.

LinkTheHuman said:

I find some of the points questioned here irrelevent, for example; 

1. Mario kart wii sold 3 time as many units as ssb brawl due to a casual gamer demographic Nintendo now doesn't posses. 

2. It's established that only Nintendo fans are purchasing the wii u, and most of the people who brought mario kart 8 and ssb brawl are core nintendo fans. 

3. Using sales from the wii should be compared to games that are targetting casual gamers (not games such as mario kart 8 SSb 4) 

Also it is very hard to convince a consumer to make a $300-350 purchase over one killer app bundle (mk8) however convincing a consumer to make a $300-350 purchase with two killer apps (mk8 and ssb4 bundle) is a shit load easier. not to mention nintendo fans predict this'll be the turning point where the wii u has just enough interest to meet worthy demand. 

I could be completely incorrect and that gamers are simply bying the SSb4 and mk8 bundle (there are other games in the bundle) just to wipe their asses until they bleed, but only time will tell.

oops, I forgot that I've already posted on this forum, haha.