By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U Bundles Annouced!!

Tagged games:

Will these bundles help the Wii U reach 9 or 10 million Units Sold by the end of 2014?

Yes 172 47.65%

No 45 12.47%

Possibly 9 Million but not 10 Million 85 23.55%

More than 10 Million 59 16.34%

Total:361
Cheebee said:
Well, that MK8 bundle will surely sell like crazy. $299 is a great price too, better than the previous MK8 bundle, which was $329 iirc? Wii U will do very, very well this holiday.

I believe Brian Altano brought this up on NVC, but people like seeing that 2 in there instead of the 3. 

But yeah. Parents walk by at walmart and see that and they will buy it. This should increase the baseline if only by a little. 

Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
Cheebee said:
Well, that MK8 bundle will surely sell like crazy. $299 is a great price too, better than the previous MK8 bundle, which was $329 iirc? Wii U will do very, very well this holiday.

I believe Brian Altano brought this up on NVC, but people like seeing that 2 in there instead of the 3. 

But yeah. Parents walk by at walmart and see that and they will buy it. This should increase the baseline if only by a little. 

Yeah, it's a psychological thing, even though the actual amount isn't that different. I always wondered why MK8's previous bundle wasn't under $300. Anyway, this will do excellent. I can see MK8 hitting 5 million by year's end.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

What other Wii U bundles would everyone like to see in the future?

Cheebee said:
Clyde32 said:
Cheebee said:

Yeah, it's a psychological thing, even though the actual amount isn't that different. I always wondered why MK8's previous bundle wasn't under $300. Anyway, this will do excellent. I can see MK8 hitting 5 million by year's end.

I agree with you on that statement.  Even though the first MK 8 was $329.99 and the new one $299.99, parents are going to think that the new one is a better deal, especially since it has two games instead of one.  I'm hoping NOA advertises the heck out of these bundles to help hardware sales!!

flagstaad said:

Both are great bundles, but I would really like to see a Wii U deluxe console WITHOUT any game for 250 U$, these games are very good and the value is there, but some people does not want them... and when compared to the PS4 or Xbox One the console looks expensive because they are comparing 300 U$ vs 400 U$ and many don't consider the extra stuff (2 games and free online).

They might have one, but probably not till the next year.

Around the Network

It's a pretty great bundle. When I decide to get a Wii U, this is the kind of bundle I would want to get.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Shadowfest3 said:
What other Wii U bundles would everyone like to see in the future?

A Smash WiiU bundle of course!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

What if you don't like mario that much? What options are there?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:

Then you should get a bundle without a Mario game included.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Areym said:

i think the NSMBU is the only bundle currently available and these 2 upcoming bundles so the only option is get a Mario bundle and sell the gsme if u dont want it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.