By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U Bundles Annouced!!

Tagged games:

Will these bundles help the Wii U reach 9 or 10 million Units Sold by the end of 2014?

Yes 172 47.65%

No 45 12.47%

Possibly 9 Million but not 10 Million 85 23.55%

More than 10 Million 59 16.34%

Total:361
Shadowfest3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Depends on how often you play with others. I just think it would be a great bundle because it's a game everyone kinda wants, but won't buy as a standalone.

Ahh, I see your point.  However, seeing that Nintendo is trying to appeal to "hardcore" gamers I'm wondering if they wouldn't do a Wii Sports Club bundle because of the "casual" appeal of it?

Then Nintendo is stupid for turning down sales.....

This is exactly what Acura did when it cut the Integra/RSX/NSX platform out of their line to appeal to more of the luxury market. Cut sales in half.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Shadowfest3 said:
Michael-5 said:

Depends on how often you play with others. I just think it would be a great bundle because it's a game everyone kinda wants, but won't buy as a standalone.

Ahh, I see your point.  However, seeing that Nintendo is trying to appeal to "hardcore" gamers I'm wondering if they wouldn't do a Wii Sports Club bundle because of the "casual" appeal of it?

Then Nintendo is stupid for turning down sales.....

This is exactly what Acura did when it cut the Integra/RSX/NSX platform out of their line to appeal to more of the luxury market. Cut sales in half.

Oh, I definitely agree with you on that one.  Maybe they should just bring out a Wii Sports Club Bundle so they can appeal to casual while trying to appeal to the hardcore at the same time with different bundles?

Shoulda done that Mario Kart 8 bundle in the first place! Well then again I already had a Wii U at the point so no skin off my bones!

Bundles don't sell consoles and never have.People buy consoels because they want them period.

BlueValcon said:
Bundles don't sell consoles and never have.People buy consoels because they want them period.

As for me, I waited until the MK 8 bundle was release to purchase a Wii U.  I was going to buy the Wii U eventually but the MK 8 bundle really helped me decide to buy it earlier than planned.  Either way, I agree with your statement but I also feel that bundles help in some way or another.

Around the Network

Let's see a limited edition Bayonetta 2 bundle in a platinum color. Awesomeness!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Hibern81 said:
Let's see a limited edition Bayonetta 2 bundle in a platinum color. Awesomeness!

Ooh, this would be nice!!  However, I don't see that happening but if it does then it might help "hardcore" gamers decide to buy a Wii U.  

Shadowfest3 said:

Oh, I definitely agree with you on that one.  Maybe they should just bring out a Wii Sports Club Bundle so they can appeal to casual while trying to appeal to the hardcore at the same time with different bundles?

The console is too expensive to market it to casual players, and they would have to include a Wiimote and nunchuck with Wii Sports Club raising the price of the bundle even more. If they can put a Wii Sports Club bundle in the maket with a Wiimote + nunchuck at 250 U$, that would be an appealing bundle to casual players, but that is too difficult for Nintendo to offer at the moment.

I insist, put a deluxe console WITHOUT games for 250 U$ and people will see a 150 U$ price difference with the PS4 and X1, making the console more appealing, additionally it will make a few gamers think twice about buying the console to play just Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong Country, or something else. Many people may want to try the console, but they are forced to get a Mario game that they may not want, hell just produce a small batch if they don't believe it will sell too much.