By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U Bundles Annouced!!

Tagged games:

Will these bundles help the Wii U reach 9 or 10 million Units Sold by the end of 2014?

Yes 172 47.65%

No 45 12.47%

Possibly 9 Million but not 10 Million 85 23.55%

More than 10 Million 59 16.34%

Total:361

This is why Wii U will remain the 2nd best selling home system this year. You can get one of these bundles and Smash for less than just the system of the other 2. This is the way to go.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

Good news. I wish the 3D world bundle was available a few months ago.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

cycycychris said:
JWeinCom said:
cycycychris said:
JWeinCom said:

i know it has little exploration but so did galaxy.

the level structure in 3D World are very similar to mario 64 bowser stages and Rainbow cruise.

I think its better than galaxy 1 - 2 and just as good as 64.

(sunshine is the worst 3d mario by far)

Galaxy didn't have a lot of exploration, but it definitely had more than 3D World by far.  Sunshine actually had the most exploration.  3D world is actually my least favorite of the 3D Marios even though I did like it alot. 

On topic, Nintendo is missing an opportunity by making the MK8 bundle walmart exclusive.  Dunno what the logic behind that is.

Walmart probably came to Nintendo with $$$$$$$ and Nintendo couldn't denie. Walmart probably see the potential in a bundle like this with Smash coming out. Many people who buy smash will probably be more interested in getting Mario Kart 8 than the other bundles. So it's a smart idea for them to pay a little extra to get an exclusive like this. For Nintendo, they also make a little extra on the Wii U which they desperately need.

Obviously there was some transaction.  It might be money, but it aslo could involve more prominent in store placement, more real estate devoted to Nintendo, and so on.  At any rate though, I don't see how Walmart could offer enough to offset the benefit of having the bundle featured at other retailers, most notably Gamestop.  

It does puzzle me also, I really think it would be a good idea for Nintendo to spread this across the boards. But I would think that what ever Walmart offered them was worth the loss of sales in other stores. So they probably got offer a lot of money and some promises of floor space that they would have had to pay for. Walmart is one of the biggest retailors in the USA and probably around the world. Having promise of large amount of floor space and possibly an agreement to have the Wii U and 3DS to have large amount of space in there ads. Don't also forget that part of the deal maybe that Walmart runs and pays for an advertisement campaign promoting how they are the only one that has this bundle. It could have some big pluses for Nintendo but some negatives by only being restricted to one store.

Any sort of advertisement will be a huge plus. If there was ever any time to start advertising it's now. I mean, other than when it launched.

earthtrues said:

It was already going to pass 10m (and 11m and 12m) in 2014. the bundles will just help push it faster.

I'm hoping the Wii U will pass 10m but I had to put other choices in the poll.  I'm glad to see positive results from the poll though !

I thought this wouldve been better at 3D World launch as a bundle,but better late than never, its a good bundle

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
I thought this wouldve been better at 3D World launch as a bundle,but better late than never, its a good bundleI c

I could see how this could have benefited the hardware sales of the Wii U.  Like you said though, better late than never.  I think it's better than the current NSMBU bundle and hopefully they continue with the SM3DW and MK8 bundles after the holiday season to keep the hardware sales going strong.

Shadowfest3 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
I thought this wouldve been better at 3D World launch as a bundle,but better late than never, its a good bundleI c

I could see how this could have benefited the hardware sales of the Wii U.  Like you said though, better late than never.  I think it's better than the current NSMBU bundle and hopefully they continue with the SM3DW and MK8 bundles after the holiday season to keep the hardware sales going strong.

yeah definitely. Either way they're two good bundle sand they should help a lot,especially for the holidays

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

defo a plus for black friday!

Switch!!!

These bundles remind me of the 3DS blitz with 3Dland and MK7 bundles from a few years ago. The strategy continues...

I'm getting this soon. I hear it's the best Wii U game yet.