By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U Bundles Annouced!!

Tagged games:

Will these bundles help the Wii U reach 9 or 10 million Units Sold by the end of 2014?

Yes 172 47.65%

No 45 12.47%

Possibly 9 Million but not 10 Million 85 23.55%

More than 10 Million 59 16.34%

Total:361

I disagree.  3D World has very little of the exploration that 64 did.  3D World feels more like SMB3 or World extrapolated to 3 dimensions.  Still an amazingly fun game, but not quite as good as the others in the series;

i know it has little exploration but so did galaxy.

the level structure in 3D World are very similar to mario 64 bowser stages and Rainbow cruise.

I think its better than galaxy 1 - 2 and just as good as 64.

(sunshine is the worst 3d mario by far)

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Clyde32 said:
I love these bundles. Hopefully they boost sales. Is there a release date for them?

For the SM3DW Bundle is states available in mid-September.  As for the MK8 bundle I don't know.

These bundles are like a small price cut. Whether you want NintendoLand or not, this is a pretty good deal.

toot1231 said:

I disagree.  3D World has very little of the exploration that 64 did.  3D World feels more like SMB3 or World extrapolated to 3 dimensions.  Still an amazingly fun game, but not quite as good as the others in the series;

the level structure in 3D World are very similar to mario 64 bowser stages and Rainbow cruise.

Galaxy didn't have a lot of exploration, but it definitely had more than 3D World by far.  Sunshine actually had the most exploration.  3D world is actually my least favorite of the 3D Marios even though I did like it alot. 

On topic, Nintendo is missing an opportunity by making the MK8 bundle walmart exclusive.  Dunno what the logic behind that is.

Great, these will help. I think these will both sell better than the existing SMBU bundle.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
toot1231 said:

Galaxy didn't have a lot of exploration, but it definitely had more than 3D World by far.  Sunshine actually had the most exploration.  3D world is actually my least favorite of the 3D Marios even though I did like it alot. 

On topic, Nintendo is missing an opportunity by making the MK8 bundle walmart exclusive.  Dunno what the logic behind that is.

I don't know why.  Hmm...maybe they have an agreement with Walmart?

ICStats said:
Great, these will help. I think these will both sell better than the existing SMBU bundle.

I agree because SM3DW is just a better game and MK8 has a wider appeal to the masses in the long run.

yea thats something we can agree on is that all 3d mario games are amazing no matter what.

yea why only at walmart?..

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

It was already going to pass 10m (and 11m and 12m) in 2014. the bundles will just help push it faster.

cycycychris said:
JWeinCom said:

Walmart probably came to Nintendo with $$$$$$$ and Nintendo couldn't denie. Walmart probably see the potential in a bundle like this with Smash coming out. Many people who buy smash will probably be more interested in getting Mario Kart 8 than the other bundles. So it's a smart idea for them to pay a little extra to get an exclusive like this. For Nintendo, they also make a little extra on the Wii U which they desperately need.

Obviously there was some transaction.  It might be money, but it aslo could involve more prominent in store placement, more real estate devoted to Nintendo, and so on.  At any rate though, I don't see how Walmart could offer enough to offset the benefit of having the bundle featured at other retailers, most notably Gamestop.