By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 "stumbles where it counts"

This is the 2nd negative preview from IGN if I'm not mistaken. I don't wish the dev team any failure, but this game has way more attention than it deserves. I'm sure it will serve its purpose (linear cinematic experience) and that is it.

Around the Network

So often I've played games that are deemed the next big thing and I've hated them. Skyrim, Valkria, and Metal Gear comes to mind. Them games that receive mediocre/bad reviews are the games that I enjoy. Bound By Flame, Heavenly Sword fall into this category. I'm still getting this game because from what I've seen I know it's along the lines of a game that I enjoy. Many games rated 9-10 I've not liked. Many 7-8 have been fun plays.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

pokoko said:
JayWood2010 said:

Though its not hard to see that The Order is very similar to Gears in terms of game mechanics. So again, of course it will be compared to it and its not hard to see why

deskpro2k3 said:

seems like he is complaining about how bad he is at playing the demo, and blaming the demo for it.

and what other type of weird guns do you hope to find in the late 1800s?

Sounds like you are overly optimistic of the game. Maybe you should unbiasedly try it when it comes out and see what you think instead of dismissing his quite objective review.

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Dusk said:
deskpro2k3 said:

seems like he is complaining about how bad he is at playing the demo, and blaming the demo for it.

and what other type of weird guns do you hope to find in the late 1800s?

Sounds like you are overly optimistic of the game. Maybe you should unbiasedly try it when it comes out and see what you think instead of dismissing his quite objective review.

Eh? How does that sound overly optimistic?

His main problem is how the guns function during combat, and apparently he is using the guns wrong. From watching other previewers play the demo and comparing it to his it makes it quite obvious that he doesn't know the proper know how. Makes me wonder what he is doing wrong, when others is doing it right.

Anyways, the most common tactic to do when you're bad at a game is to blame the game, or blame it on lag.

I already decided to play The Order 1886 when it comes out.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
I just read it on IGN. It's disappointing to say the least but there's still a lot of time until it launches and this is just one man's opinion.

Even if it will end up being crap that wont matter since it looks good. Todays "gamers" (actually mainstreamers) dont care about the gameplay in games but about A) the visuals B) action C) ads on tv etc. So as long as it has propper marketing it will sell because the game already delivers in A+B

He's not the first to find holes in the gameplay. Well, hopefully they use the time they have to flesh out the game more. Gameplay >>>>>>> Graphics. I honestly don't give a shit if the game is 1080p/60fps with the best textures, structure modeling, and AA available if the gameplay sucks.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
He's not the first to find holes in the gameplay. Well, hopefully they use the time they have to flesh out the game more. Gameplay >>>>>>> Graphics. I honestly don't give a shit if the game is 1080p/60fps with the best textures, structure modeling, and AA available if the gameplay sucks.

Isn't The Order in some super obscure resolution (in the 900s) and still only 30FPS?

Vena said:
VanceIX said:

Isn't The Order in some super obscure resolution (in the 900s) and still only 30FPS?

Just pointing out that the visuals of the game don't make it great. I doubt the Order manages that great a resolution with the textures and detail they have.

My statement was more of a hyperbole.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Well that's disappointing. I was actually really excited for this game.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54