By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 "stumbles where it counts"

Reviews mean nothing to me. I can make up my own mind, and I can tell this is my kind of game so I will buy it, simple as that. Why people let others tell them what they should like/play is beyond me.

Around the Network
Dusk said:

He had more success with the lesser weapons. I don't see that as the same.

You have already decided you will enjoy the game whether it's good or not. That is what might be overly optimistic about your view.

It does not change the issue that this preview is full of user error and watching the video confirms it.

I said I've already decided to play the game. The game looks interesting enough to make me want to play it, but I don't know if I'll enjoy it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

YOu dont seem like youve played Gears before.  Gears  is strategic, their is ton of enemies (also outside the humanoid class tickers, wretches, brumaks, corpser, reaver, those dinosaur things they ride on i cant think of and the list goes on), and it also has varied and unique weapons  (Lancer, torque bow, digger, breechshot, gorgon pistol, hammerburst, Hammer of Dawn etc)  . As for The Order being a clone i didnt say that.  I said it isnt hard to see why it is compared to Gears.  As i said before, you make a 2D platformer, youre going to be compared to Mario.  You make a Kart racer, its going to be compared to mario kart.  YOu make a cover based TPS, youre going to be compared to Gears.  Doesnt mean there isnt differences, just means theyre going to be compared to what defines that genre so dont get upset when people compare it to it.

Have you played Gears of War 1-3?  

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

is this is the game the order is trying to emulate in gameplay ?

camon man end it with this is a gears clone cause gears didnt invented anything.

Welp, so much for The Order: 1886 being a clone of Gears... Seriously, if people were expecting something else entirely from The Order, then the game wouldn't be TPS anymore.

JayWood2010 said:
eva01beserk said:
JayWood2010 said:

YOu dont seem like youve played Gears before.  Gears  is strategic, their is ton of enemies (also outside the humanoid class tickers, wretches, brumaks, corpser, reaver, those dinosaur things they ride on i cant think of and the list goes on), and it also has varied and unique weapons  (Lancer, torque bow, digger, breechshot, gorgon pistol, hammerburst, Hammer of Dawn etc)  . As for The Order being a clone i didnt say that.  I said it isnt hard to see why it is compared to Gears.  As i said before, you make a 2D platformer, youre going to be compared to Mario.  You make a Kart racer, its going to be compared to mario kart.  YOu make a cover based TPS, youre going to be compared to Gears.  Doesnt mean there isnt differences, just means theyre going to be compared to what defines that genre so dont get upset when people compare it to it.

Have you played Gears of War 1-3?  

Ive only played the second one. And it was awhile ago, so I dont remember much outside of the core enemies and weapons and fighting styles.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

The major complaint about this game has been gameplay. That is also the major reason I'm not even following it....if they turn it around I'll be pleasantly surprised, otherwise I won't care.

The order looks meh. Uncharted 4 and blood borne will be great ps4 games, but not the order.