By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [UPDATE] Marth/Villager/WiiFitTrainer Amiibos Currently SOLD OUT! (Amazon US)

Clyde32 said:

Marth is currently right after pikachu.

I know that, but I don't think they ordered equal numbers. Pikachu, Mario, Samus, Kirby, those are common known names in the States. Marth is less so, so I suspect less ordered but I'm curious how many since it sold out so fast.

Around the Network
ExplodingBlock said:
Success confirmed wii u saved

How does this help WiiU?

People who already have WiiU buy 1-2 Amiibos.

People who doesn't have WiiU can buy only Amiibos without console.

WiiU-Dude said:
pokoko said:
The fact that Samus and Fox are up in the top five tells us exactly who is ordering these, I think, so I wouldn't read too much into first week sales. The old-school Nintendo faithful always were going to buy these as collectibles and keepsakes. The real question is, will this catch on with the Skylanders crowd? Will this become a hit with kids? That will be the factor that determines real success but it's also something that will need time to build momentum.

The holidays will be the make or break point for the ... Amiibos system .. or whatever it's called. Damn, that's embarrassing to even type. Shoulda just called them Ninlanders.

It's impressive how ever you slice it, but i agree with you. Unfortunately, they will have to have kids 6 to 12 requesting the crap out of them for Christmas. These sales are not parents and grandparents, but if kids at school start playing Smash Bros and they start sharing how these things qre cool it could catch fire. I think they need to come out with a second collection fast! They need to try to find some 3rd party guests that are a bit more older the 13 to 17 year old crowd. Ryu, or Alice, DEFINITELY Bayonetta! Just a few more slightly more mature-ish characters. Luigi please! But yes, the Amazon ferver is the diehards!!

I'm not sure it will spread to non Nintendo fans but Nintendo will make money, which I guess is the main thing.

I am more interested in putting Donkey Kong in my desk than using it for anything gameplay related

Hmm, wonder how long they'll stay there.

Around the Network

I bet a Zero Suit Samus Amiibo would sell out in 5 minutes!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It has begun..

This was a destined major success.

lord_of_flood said:
Oh man. I thought amiibos would do some work, but I didn't think they'd do that much work. Jesus, all of them are above Destiny, that's insane. amiibos now the second coming of Christ confirmed?

Nice!
Still can't pre order here in germany though. :s

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert