By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you shouldnt be angry at the New 3DS

I'm just pissed because Nintendo didn't release these in the first place so i'll have to spend extra money -_-

Around the Network
Phronesis said:
I am pissed about this. Of course there are people who will defend, there are people who buys new Apples annually because "Oh, look, it's iPhone 5!" and before you realize there's a 6 ahead. Consoles should NOT be like this. We expect support many years after we bought'em.

It's not even an entirely new handheld, it's the same, but now with games that I won't be able to play. Yet, you expect me to find this amazing. Just toss money to Nintendo AGAIN and buy the new system, then pray that they won't release another one the year following.

Do you doubt? XL was launched 2012, 2DS launched 2013 and the new 3DS on 2014. Does Nintendo brainwash people so they buy everything without thinking? Vita had a hardware revision, the 2.0, and I'm able to play all the games of this "new" system.

Imagine the following scenario: you bought the WiiU and one year later they release the New WiiU which is EXACTLY the same, except Smash Bros is exclusive for him.

Spare me. The 3DS was released in 2011. It has had two hardware revisions, but all games are playable on all of these. My launch day 3DS still serves me well. New 3DS probably won't be released in the West until 2015, 4 years after the original 3DS. That's almost an acceptable life cycle as it is, but add onto this that the branding of this as a revision rather than a new console means they're almost certainly going to continue support for the original 3DS and what is your problem? So far there is literally 1 N3DS exclusive, so it's hardly a concern as it is.

Your imagined scenario would certainly be horrible - of course, what Nintendo are doing is literally nothing like that so why bring it up?

Wonder if it's more powerful than the Vita?

Why are people whining they want a discount if they already own a 3DS/3DSXL/2DS? In what universe would you be entitled to that? Or free replacement copies of their current 3DS games? As if these old games wouldn't be playable on the New 3DS? You can do a system transfer to move everything from one system to another, including any and all digital games, downloads and save data, that's been around for years. Nobody's forcing anyone to buy the new system, anyway.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cream147 said:
Phronesis said:
I am pissed about this. Of course there are people who will defend, there are people who buys new Apples annually because "Oh, look, it's iPhone 5!" and before you realize there's a 6 ahead. Consoles should NOT be like this. We expect support many years after we bought'em.

It's not even an entirely new handheld, it's the same, but now with games that I won't be able to play. Yet, you expect me to find this amazing. Just toss money to Nintendo AGAIN and buy the new system, then pray that they won't release another one the year following.

Do you doubt? XL was launched 2012, 2DS launched 2013 and the new 3DS on 2014. Does Nintendo brainwash people so they buy everything without thinking? Vita had a hardware revision, the 2.0, and I'm able to play all the games of this "new" system.

Imagine the following scenario: you bought the WiiU and one year later they release the New WiiU which is EXACTLY the same, except Smash Bros is exclusive for him.

Spare me. The 3DS was released in 2011. It has had two hardware revisions, but all games are playable on all of these. My launch day 3DS still serves me well. New 3DS probably won't be released in the West until 2015, 4 years after the original 3DS. That's almost an acceptable life cycle as it is, but add onto this that the branding of this as a revision rather than a new console means they're almost certainly going to continue support for the original 3DS and what is your problem? So far there is literally 1 N3DS exclusive, so it's hardly a concern as it is.

Your imagined scenario would certainly be horrible - of course, what Nintendo are doing is literally nothing like that so why bring it up?

Yes, the 3DS was launched in 2011 and had harware revisions annually, which is ok because it doesn't affect me. But now we won't be able to play some new games in just 3 YEARS, which is a mediocre life cycle, but if it seems ok for you... Ok. Buy the new system then.

It's not even an entirely new handheld, it's a mid generation with unjustified reasons for it's existence. They certainly created it to promote amiibos. Gameboy Color at least had colors, which is a addiction as nice as the B/W TVs to colours TVs. But don't mind that. I don't live in the past, and didn't had a Gameboy so I don't care with people saying these things.

Oh, and please stop believing that everybody bought the system at launch, some of them have the system for just one/two moths and now they know there will be games they won't play. So great!

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network
Phronesis said:

Oh, and please stop believing that everybody bought the system at launch, some of them have the system for just one/two moths and now they know there will be games they won't play. So great!

This is always a risk with any device you get, unless you get it at launch.

I haven't bought a 3DS at all, so this actually picks my interest. Of course there is the part were I am boycotting anything Nintendo as long as Iwata is in charge...

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
See, what I hope is that there is a trade in program for it. Like, I want to trade in my XL for a "new 3ds" without losing all my games and I want a discount for it

Why would Nintendo want millions of original 3ds/xls? It's not like they would be able to sell all those. A better idea would be literally to offer a huge discount for anyone with a registered 3ds. Or they could offer like 2 $39.99 games for free to download if you have a 3ds registered...

Aerys said:
The new 3ds is very dangerous for the industry, it could give the same disgusting idéa to Microsoft...

But not too Sony? 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I'm not sure why people are so upset about this. It's essentially a Game Boy Color. The Game Boy Color got a few exclusives that only worked with that system, but for the most part everything was compatible with the entire Game Boy line. I don't see why the New 3DS would be much different.