By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you shouldnt be angry at the New 3DS

I am pissed about this. Of course there are people who will defend, there are people who buys new Apples annually because "Oh, look, it's iPhone 5!" and before you realize there's a 6 ahead. Consoles should NOT be like this. We expect support many years after we bought'em.

It's not even an entirely new handheld, it's the same, but now with games that I won't be able to play. Yet, you expect me to find this amazing. Just toss money to Nintendo AGAIN and buy the new system, then pray that they won't release another one the year following.

Do you doubt? XL was launched 2012, 2DS launched 2013 and the new 3DS on 2014. Does Nintendo brainwash people so they buy everything without thinking? Vita had a hardware revision, the 2.0, and I'm able to play all the games of this "new" system.

Imagine the following scenario: you bought the WiiU and one year later they release the New WiiU which is EXACTLY the same, except Smash Bros is exclusive for him.

3DS, Wii, PSP, Vita, PS2, PS3, PS4 & Steam.

Around the Network

I hope Pokémon plays in full 3D and higher framerate on it, while being compatible on the old 3DS models. That will make it like Gold/Silver which was playable on the old Game Boy, but if you played it on a Game Boy Color you got colors!

Yep.

The DS was an entirely new platform that would last for the next generation.

This is a stop-gap to eek some more money out of the hardcore fanbase before the new generation.

I've always said that its a bad idea to split your userbase. While new models are perfectly fine, making some games only available on New 3DS isn't cool. However, as of now, Xenoblade is the only exclusive game, and if they keep it with Wii/GC ports than that is totally fine.

I'm tentatively accepting the presence of this New 3DS, however if next E3 we get a bunch of new 3DS exclusive games, I'm gonna be pissed...

I think people would be less pissed if they just released an entirely new handheld, instead of calling this a revision, but then having games that only work on this.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Around the Network
kekrot said:
I hope Pokémon plays in full 3D and higher framerate on it, while being compatible on the old 3DS models. That will make it like Gold/Silver which was playable on the old Game Boy, but if you played it on a Game Boy Color you got colors!

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Cards go in downwards?

I agree it's not the best idea to split your user-base usually, but I do think people are seriously overreacting.

All this is, is like a 'premium' version of the 3DS line. It's not like this move is unprecedented. All but a handful of games will work on both models, because even if they fade out the current model, they also have the 2DS to consider. Only those games which are too heavy for the regular 3DS or 2DS to run properly, will make use of this model's extra juice. That's it. Our 3DS's aren't obsolete all of a sudden.

Meh, wake me up when the N3DS gets some actual exclusives and not just a single port of a game I already own...

I very much doubt that 3DS support will stop after New 3DS. I'll be angry if I'm wrong about this. Otherwise, it's cool, and maybe I'll get one if the exclusives impress me. My main anger is the incompetent execution of this. The awful branding, the woeful second stick. Nintendo have screwed this up again.