By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you shouldnt be angry at the New 3DS

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
See, what I hope is that there is a trade in program for it. Like, I want to trade in my XL for a "new 3ds" without losing all my games and I want a discount for it

You won't lose your games, because they will still work. Is just another revision '-'

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The new 3DS is gonna have games that the regular 3DS can't play?  I assumed this was just a revision of the 3DS.

That's why it's the New 3Ds and not a revision of the 3DS. It had a major hardware change. Think of the difference as game boy to game boy color 

EricFabian said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
See, what I hope is that there is a trade in program for it. Like, I want to trade in my XL for a "new 3ds" without losing all my games and I want a discount for it

You won't lose your games, because they will still work. Is just another revision '-'

Well, its like, if I go to ebgames and I want to trade in my XL for a new one, I doubt they will let me transfer my games first to the new 3ds xl right?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

So suddenly exclusive games are a problem^^

I got yelled at by Nintendo fans when I wanted Wii U games to come to a console I own. Now they're not getting games they want on the consoles they own and suddenly it's a big nono.

You know what I did to solve my problem? I bought the fucking console to play the games that I couldn't play before.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

archer9234 said:
You also just argued to not buy this. Because A better one will come out in a short time. That is the issue.

Yeah Im not trying to sell it. Im saying if the bonuses of it seem worth the money to you go ahead, if not then wait for the next gen handheld as it will more than likely have it all there and then some too anyway

Around the Network
amak11 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The new 3DS is gonna have games that the regular 3DS can't play?  I assumed this was just a revision of the 3DS.

That's why it's the New 3Ds and not a revision of the 3DS. It had a major hardware change. Think of the difference as game boy to game boy color 

Now that I think about, that's actually a perfect analogy.

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

We all know the current 3DS is gonna play second banana to this new one.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ktay95 said:
archer9234 said:
You also just argued to not buy this. Because A better one will come out in a short time. That is the issue.

Yeah Im not trying to sell it. Im saying if the bonuses of it seem worth the money to you go ahead, if not then wait for the next gen handheld as it will more than likely have it all there and then some too anyway

The problem is, the exclusive games for the new 3ds takes away development time from games that could've been made for everyone that owns a 3ds. Instead of making xbc(and the ortger titles apparently in development) for new 3ds they could've instead made other games that every 3ds owner could play and then remaster xbc for the true 3ds succesor instead.

Areym said:
We all know the current 3DS is gonna play second banana to this new one.

In terms of hardware , of course. They will surely phase ou the old stuff as all console manufacturers do when a revision is released.

In terms of software, highly unlikely. Nintendo dont want to completely abandon the current 40mil users, no company is that stupid.

I'm not angry, i'm pissed.