By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The Playstation 4 is Outselling The Xbox One.

I disagree the PS3 had way more exclusives than the 360 and its still getting some more this year and in 2015... currently i own a PS3 and a PS4 and i use my PS3 more because of how many games (exclusives) are coming out for it, and also for exclusives that have already come out and i havent played

Around the Network

If that was the case, Xbox One sales would have picked up after the price drop.

What we see is that they continued the downward trajectory. Therefore the price different doesnt seem to be the main factor.

As for PS3 users not beeing happy and 360 users beeing, well... i strongly disagree. I got a PS4, Wii U a PS3 and a 360. My main gaming console this year has been the PS3 followed by the Wii U.

VXIII said:
Jega said:
Xbox One sales will start to increase and finally start to outsell the Playstation 4 in America

Globally in America ?

Hahahahahahaha

Jega said:

My thing is if the PS3 came from behind and caught up to Xbox 360, why can't the same happen the the Xbox One.

No matter how many people want the Xbox One to die off and go away it simply won't happen.

I will have fun this generation watching Microsoft take marketshare just like last generation.

Yes, but you keep basing all your theories on, literally, no information. o.O At all. Zilch. Zoo-dad. I like you and all, but your statement that Xbox 360 owners are someone more satisfied isn't based on, to my knowledge, any legitimate data, not even a rational reason. (Except maybe 'Xbox Owners are satisfied just playing CoD all day,' but contrary to your firm guess, I don't see why the casual CoD crowd will be falling over themselves to upgrade for Advanced Warfare, when they can just play it on 360.)

I think that instead of assembling data and creating a conclusion, you're starting with a conclusion that you, personally, want to happen, and then trying to find any kind of information, or in this case guesswork, that fits it.

Also, you keep saying that anything can happen, and things can change... and then go on to say 'This won't happen, that won't happen.' Which is it? Either anything's possible, or not. Right now it's no more or less crazy to say the PS4 will take 75% marketshare than it is to say that the Xbox One will go from being outsold three-to-one, to suddenly catching up. Either one COULD happen... but the odds aren't likely.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

ErwinMoC said:

"I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3"

( Dated list some games are missing, maybe )

http://www.gameondaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/exclusive-comparison.jpg

Even funier that list lacks some PS3 games like Disgaea D2 and Neptunia MK2 among probably many other JRPGS

Around the Network

I'm just going to start calling you new toastboy.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Sony did pretty much everything wrong with the PS3 launch then spent the rest of the gen fixing their mistakes. It launched at 500, had little exclusive software in the first year, and PSN was a shadow of it's current form.

Despite all these mistakes, Sony still managed to right the ship from late 2008 onward.
Sony effed up on all accounts and still managed to sell more than 360 despite all the advantages it had.

And now here we are with Sony doing as much right as possible with the PS4 and MS effing everything with the X1 launch. Yet, you seem to be in a reality where the X1 outselling the PS4 makes sense when even the 360 couldn't outsell the Ps3.

Smelly thin air coming out of the exhaust. Is all I can say.

Jega said:
I don't think all the negative press the Xbox One is getting on the internet is the reason the Playstation 4 is outselling the 
Xbox One.
I don't think it is the price either. I think even if the Xbox One lauched at $400 it would still be behind the Playstation 4
maybe by around 2 - 3 million units instead of 5 million.
Microsoft made the mistake that Sony did with the Playstation 3, thinking people would by the system at $500. 
I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3 and therefore wanted something new. (Playstation 4)
Xbox 360 owners on the other hand are still happy with their Xbox 360 and is waiting on certain games to come out before they make the
Jump to the next generation. (Call of duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo 5, Gears of War 4)
Titanfall did not make a big impact on console sales because Titanfall is new IP. So many people don't know about Titanfall to warrant a
purchase of the Xbox One. Titanfall is doing well though for a new IP and that is good to see. Over 2 million sold on Xbox One.
Even though Call of duty: Advance Warfare is on the Xbox 360. It is a true next-gen call of duty game (unlike Call of duty: Ghosts) and 
I believe many gamers will buy an Xbox One for this game come november.
So I think in november Xbox One sales will start to increase and finally start to outsell the Playstation 4 in America.
These are just my thoughts.

A couple of issues here.

1. how do you explain all of the crossovers? 1/3 PS4 owners didn't have a PS3. That's 3.3 million consoles which is a lot compared to the 5 million total Xbox Ones.

2. PS3 sales are still really strong. Actually, so far in 2014 the PS3 has outsold the Xbox One (2.126 million vs. 1.984 million). 

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.