By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The Playstation 4 is Outselling The Xbox One.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

I don't wanna this to be seen as an attempt at back seat moderating but Jega has made a habit out of making barely founded and highly provocative threads, he constrantly gets called out with legit responses and he never really aknowledges or answers anything. Except for the classic "it's my opinion" response. Why keep this thread up at all if it's not productive ?

Because people that still believe what he believes are incredibly interesting and entertaining. :) Amazing, even.

Around the Network

Even though I am not helping but I just wanted to say this.....come on people why post in threads like this? The last like 3 or 4 threads Jega has made seem to be click bait threads. I am not sure if they are made for points or to get reactions out of people. They never make any sense, the logic is always skewed, flawed and one sided. He never truly responds to any valid points made against what he says. And if he does he says there are just my thoughts/opinions or will say "all I am saying is the XB1 is doing fine". Or he will just pretty much change what he was saying all together. Let's not feed into the temptation of these threads and keep it moving....PEACE!!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I simply love threads like this one!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I've said it a dozen times now, and since you missed it, I'll repeat.
It's not that the 360 is more satisfying than ps3, but that it's more satisfying than x1.
The x1 is basically an upgraded 360 with kinect.
Casuals really catapulted the 360 make into significance back in 2008 or 10 or whenever it was. 360 was about to be overtaken and kinect sent them another 20m or so customers. These casual customers don't care about graphical upgrades. For them, x1 is just a shitload of money for the exact same thing they already have, or could already get, for 300$ cheaper.
Playstation has always been where the more hardcore gamers go. Even 360 fans ridiculed ps fans for this notion, and lack of foresight on changing trends.
So, when ps4 beat x1 is specs and performance on nearly every game, we see the results. In fact, it's more fair to say ps4 is competing with x360. So from that angle ps4 is vastly superior. It's not hard to see why ps4 is doing so well when you think of this more broad understanding of the competition.

Aura7541 said:
CDiablo said:

"Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. " -CDiablo

Quoting my first post which YOU BOLDED, the circle is now complete. Again all we know is 17% own PS4 no last gen 38% own a Wii and/or 360 45% own a PS3 (and/or) Wii(and/or)360. Clickbait.

You're citing someone else's intrepretation that neither you nor he can back up. The person who's doing circular logic is you because it's clear as day that you do not like the results of the survey and doing whatever you can to make it look like clickbait (in which it's not). You'll be much be better off just admitting that and move on. For all we know, the number of people who sold their PS3's could be very low, too, so the interpretation that you think is true has gaping holes. Also, MS was offering a HUGE amount of money ($75) to 360 users to upgrade to the X1 AFTER the Kinect-less SKU launch. All this evidence strongly supports the notion that the survey doesn't include consumers who sold their PS3's or that very few people sold their PS3's.

In other words, a lot of 360 users indisputingly jumped ship.

The survery was for PS4 owners: what last gen consoles do you currently own. That was the question. Not up for interpritation.  Taking that number (38% still own Wii and/or 360) and saying they all converted is definitely a clickbait title. . You clearly arent reading what I am writing so I will post it one last time.

"Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. " -CDiablo

Read the above line, read it again and one more time. I cant really break it down or make it more simple for you. What is clear as day to you(me not liking results) shows clearly that you dont read what I write. I dont care what last gen systems PS4 owners currently own. I do care that people keep brining up the "1/3 PS4 owners were Wii/X360 owners only"(including the newswire on this site) because they dont take the time to read the articles(other than the headlines). Theoritically every single PS4 owner could be an XBOX(as their primary gaming machine) convert based on the survey.

Your arguement towards me is we dont know, which was exactly the point of my original post. Then you indirectly call me a fanboy because you hope that the 1/3 number is correct, which you already admit you dont know. Im not taking sides here, just setting the BS straight. You lose, better luck next time.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

Yet ps3 sales are pretty much level minus a few with xbox one sales

I get it. 40,000 people bought a ps3 last week, got bored, bought a ps4. So really you need to subtract 40,000 from the Ps4 for all the bored PS3 owners last week.

Then it is only 2:1, so there's that.

Why wouldn't people that are bored buy an Xbox One instead of a PS4? They know the games you keep mentioning are coming. Why not buy the better console if they are bored rather than buy a PS4 now and then have to buy an Xbox One later.

Now, let me ask you a question. Why am I even responding? I truly don't know, but I look forward to your analysis on the matter.

Jega said:
I don't think all the negative press the Xbox One is getting on the internet is the reason the Playstation 4 is outselling the 
Xbox One.
I don't think it is the price either. I think even if the Xbox One lauched at $400 it would still be behind the Playstation 4
maybe by around 2 - 3 million units instead of 5 million.
Microsoft made the mistake that Sony did with the Playstation 3, thinking people would by the system at $500. 
I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3 and therefore wanted something new. (Playstation 4)
Xbox 360 owners on the other hand are still happy with their Xbox 360 and is waiting on certain games to come out before they make the
Jump to the next generation. (Call of duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo 5, Gears of War 4)
Titanfall did not make a big impact on console sales because Titanfall is new IP. So many people don't know about Titanfall to warrant a
purchase of the Xbox One. Titanfall is doing well though for a new IP and that is good to see. Over 2 million sold on Xbox One.
Even though Call of duty: Advance Warfare is on the Xbox 360. It is a true next-gen call of duty game (unlike Call of duty: Ghosts) and 
I believe many gamers will buy an Xbox One for this game come november.
So I think in november Xbox One sales will start to increase and finally start to outsell the Playstation 4 in America.
These are just my thoughts.

xbots reason number 5 million on why the ps4 is outselling the the X1, theres always something.  just admit that the ps4 is outselling the x1 cause its the better game console.  Now just realize im not saying hte X1 is crap or anything but its not as powerful as the ps4 in the games department every month we learn of new games that arent doing 1080p or 60fps or whatever on the x1 but is doing it on the ps4.  and other then halo and gears ps4 has better established Exclusives.

My thing is if the PS3 came from behind and caught up to Xbox 360, why can't the same happen the the Xbox One.

No matter how many people want the Xbox One to die off and go away it simply won't happen.

I will have fun this generation watching Microsoft take marketshare just like last generation.

A simple answer would be that Sony did everything different of the PS3 launch.

- Right specs
- Great Price point
- Right launch timing
- Updated Controller
- Online Play that works in comparison to 2006/2007
- Consumer confidence thanks to the way they supported PS3 even after PS4 was announced (TLoU, Beyond, GoW Ascencion, GT6)

- Great Marketing campaign
- Knowing how to take advantage of the Xbone DRM thing.