By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The Playstation 4 is Outselling The Xbox One.

I personally believe the major reason Xb1 flopped after launch was because there was a massive NSA conspiracy going on raising huge privacy concerns, within months of MS talking about how Kinect is always on and needed to be plugged in permanently to operate the console.

Myself as well as others thought along the lines of, "great, so since we already know MS allows backdoor access to the NSA, they'll be able to remotely spy on our population through kinect".

This is also why I think the EU has largely stayed away, because they perhaps don't forget so easily when it comes to a foreign nation impeding their privacy; Us Americans on the other hand see bright vibrant colors and forget our train of rational thought.

Around the Network
Jega said:
I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3 and therefore wanted something new. (Playstation 4)
Xbox 360 owners on the other hand are still happy with their Xbox 360 and is waiting on certain games to come out before they make the
Jump to the next generation. 

You are making the very naive assumption that 360 users will only upgrade to Xbox One. We know that didn't happen because we have the ownership percentages for the PS4. If anything it's the PS3 users that have little reason to upgrade to the PS4, they already have TLOU and Journey. 360 users on the other side have missed on a world of games since for many years MS invested sorely in the Kinect.

I hope you can see that your thread was a complete miss-fire.

I also need to add that MS was offering 360 users $75 to upgrade to the X1. This is a huge sign that much of the 360 userbase is put off by the X1. A lot of 360 users are "swing" users and apparently, most of them just do not see X1 as an attractive console. A lot of them has jumped ship to PS4 or PC. There are a bunch of them who are still waiting, but who's to say that they're only waiting to upgrade to the X1? They could also be waiting to upgrade to the PS4.

"I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3 and therefore wanted something new. (Playstation 4)"

That could not be more wrong. The PS3 was AND is still being supported with new titles (Tales of Xillia 2, TLoU, Beyond two souls, etc) while the 360 got nothing in terms of exclusives, so where do you get off saying something like that?

The Xbox One's downfall was Microsoft thinking it could butt fuck its consumers and they would want more. A lot of their progress with the 360 went to waste when they tried all that shaddy shit.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

EricFabian said:

also I have a question: is he an toastboy alt?

wondering same thing here.

Around the Network

Xbox fans are wishing and hoping and hoping and hoping ......

Aura7541 said:
CDiablo said:

"However, there’s one big caveat to the survey, which is that it asked only what consumers currently owned at the time of the survey, not what they had owned in the past. So, people who sold their PlayStation 3 in order to buy a PlayStation 4 would’ve been marked down as non-PS3 owners."

As reported on multiple sites. Just because you want something to be true doesnt not make it clickbait.

But you have no evidence supporting that. It might have... it might have not. Another quote from Kresnik's link:

"that total could include those who sold their PS3s at GameStop to help pay for PS4."

"Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. " -CDiablo

Quoting my first post which YOU BOLDED, the circle is now complete. Again all we know is 17% own PS4 no last gen 38% own a Wii and/or 360 45% own a PS3 (and/or) Wii(and/or)360. Clickbait.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Make a thread with excuses for low sales....next week's data comes in.....make another thread with more excuses for low sales....rinse and repeat....rinse and repeat. In the next few years, you're going to making a lot of threads...

How do you measure "boredom"? I am not sure I have seen anyone complaining about the PS3 as the primary motivator for getting a PS4.

It's pretty simple really and I understand some people just refuse to accept it but really it's just that the X1 is simply not a desirable console. Especially when compared to the PS4.

People seem to think that just by virtue of being an Xbox, it should be selling, but this isn't the case at all (see Wii U). It also needs to be desirable and honestly, outside NA there's zero reason why one would pick an X1 over a PS4. And in NA, the PS4 is overall more appealing hence it's doing better.

Let's look at it this way, the X1 biggest game is a remaster of games that can be played on 360, everyone that wanted to play them played them last gen. Something like Last of Us works because due to the 360's domination last gen, millions of people (many of whom are no shifting to PS) missed out on it. Halo though? Yea, everyone who wanted it played it and while it will provide a boost I feel it'll be very much like TF in that everyone who wanted an X1 for it mostly already buy it. And before anyone comes in and says "well I'm buying an X1 for it", yea, that doesn't mean much as it's just anectodal, I'm speaking about overall. 

And if you're thought process is then "the PS4 doesn't have any big exclusives", my answer is simply, the PS4 doens't currently need exclusives to sell. What it does have (TLOU, DC, and LBP3) will more than enough as it's selling primarily based on third party titles, most of which are better on the console anyways.