By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The Playstation 4 is Outselling The Xbox One.

Believe what you want after all ^^

80% of my psn friend was having 360 last gen, after the reveal, nobody wanted buy xbox one, and still none have buy one.. simple as this.

a other problem is PC port, but here in europe most ppl have a PC to gaming, and port xbox one on pc is not good for make them want a xbox one, EX the only 360 game i wanted was fable, and i got this for 10$ on steam, not need pay a console for this.

and what explain the 30% jump from xbox360/wii to ps4 ?

Tales of xilia 2 and persona 5 say hi too

Around the Network

Doesn't really explain why 1/3 of the PS4 userbase were 360, Wii, or 360/Wii-only users from last generation. Also, PS3 continues to get a lot of support even though the PS4 is selling like hotcakes. Heck, Tales of Xillia 2 came out recently.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/25/nearly-one-third-of-ps4-owners-switched-from-xbox-360-or-wii/

Just throwing that one in here for people to cite.

And I'll be watching this thread, so keep yourselves civil please.

Flamebait thread.

"I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3 and therefore wanted something new. (Playstation 4)
Xbox 360 owners on the other hand are still happy with their Xbox 360 and is waiting on certain games to come out before they make the Jump to the next generation."

As I've said to numerous other people that have claimed this, it makes no sense. The PS3 has been selling more games on a weekly basis than the 360 for quite a while. If people were bored of their PS3's (compared to the 360) they'd be buying less games, not more. So the reality is actually the reverse of what you believe.

It makes sense though. The PS3 came out a year later and has had higher sales than the 360 in recent years. The average PS3 owner has owned the system for less time, thus is generally more satisfied with their current gaming situation.

You can argue that 360 owners have been more satisfied with the 360 when talking about the entire 7th generation, but it's certainly not true for the present day.

The real reason the PS4 is selling so much better than the X1 is that Sony played all their cards right, while MS set fire to theirs with a blowtorch. It's going to take a lot more than a handful of big titles to turn things around.

Around the Network

The XB1 would probably be selling better if it wasn't for the disastrous reveal last year.

I buy more games on my PS3 than my 360, I guess that means I am really bored with it ヽ(´ー`)┌

Aura7541 said:
Doesn't really explain why 1/3 of the PS4 userbase were 360, Wii, or 360/Wii-only users from last generation. Also, PS3 continues to get a lot of support even though the PS4 is selling like hotcakes. Heck, Tales of Xillia 2 came out recently.

Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. 38% currently own a wii/x360. 17% own only a PS4 and the other 45% still have thier PS3's. Its just a junk clickbait title put out there by the gaming media.

edit: I personally know a few converts, that are also getting X1's at some point.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Kresnik said:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/25/nearly-one-third-of-ps4-owners-switched-from-xbox-360-or-wii/

Just throwing that one in here for people to cite.

And I'll be watching this thread, so keep yourselves civil please.

Haha. You literally took the words out of my mouth.

LOL no Op nice stealth job.

Off topic.

I don't know if hes trolin or not dont really care. Either way i don't see how people like op add anything to the forum at all, why are they not rid of ? seriously.