By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why The Playstation 4 is Outselling The Xbox One.

Mike_L said:

Even though I think you're trying a little too hard I gotta give props to your limitless endurance. Just promise me that the quote below is your own belief and not you buying all the bs pr from Microsoft stating the same. :S Studies show that a lot of Xbox 360 owners have bought a PS4..

"Xbox 360 owners on the other hand are still happy with their Xbox 360 and is waiting on certain games to come out before they make the jump to the next generation."

It's my own belief even though Microsoft did say something similar.

Around the Network

Weird cause Sony released more games late in the gen not to mention 360 has been around longer than ps3. That doesn't explain the last of us sales. I'll be waiting for your next thread detailing your new excuses

its still early.

no gears or halo to market yet.

is outselling X1 and Wii U because is a better console than both. Simple lile that.

also I have a question: is he an toastboy alt?

Click HERE and be happy 

ErwinMoC said:

"I think many Playstation 3 owners are bored of their Playstation 3"

( Dated list some games are missing, maybe )

http://www.gameondaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/exclusive-comparison.jpg

For a more recent example, I did a bit of an audit-like-thing a month or two ago, using Wikipedia's list of console exclusives, found here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_%28seventh_generation%29#Xbox_360

Using November 4th, 2010 as a starting point, i.e. when Kinect games first started coming out, I counted about 56 exclusives titles for the Xbox 360, as well as 4 PC-ported 'sorta exclusives.'

Which I then cross-referenced with THIS list; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kinect_games_for_Xbox_360

After removing everything that was listed as requiring the Kinect, or wasn't a game (there were some video editing stuff, and interactive TV titles that required the Kinect for full utility anyway) and I was left with 9 'true exclusives,' and of course the 4 PC ports.

Of those 9 true exclusives, 7 belonged to Halo, Gears, Forza or Fable; the Fable title wasn't even a new game, just a remade version of the original. So, six new games, basically, from existing franchises, over the course of around four years.

The remaining two games consisted of a Kinect shooter (that I didn't disqualify only because it wasn't listed as NEEDING the Kinect) called Blackwater... aaaaand Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster.

The four PC games, for the record, were State of Decay, Toy Soldiers: Cold War, Minecraft, and the Witcher 2.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
CDiablo said:
Aura7541 said:
Doesn't really explain why 1/3 of the PS4 userbase were 360, Wii, or 360/Wii-only users from last generation. Also, PS3 continues to get a lot of support even though the PS4 is selling like hotcakes. Heck, Tales of Xillia 2 came out recently.

Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. 38% currently own a wii/x360. 17% own only a PS4 and the other 45% still have thier PS3's. Its just a junk clickbait title put out there by the gaming media.

edit: I personally know a few converts, that are also getting X1's at some point.

Read Kresnik's link. Just because you don't like the results of a survey, it doesn't make it clickbait.

"According to data given to Re/code, Nielsen surveyed 1,200 gamers from age 7 to 54 and found that 31 percent, almost a third, bought a PS4 after owning an Xbox 360 or Wii, but not a PS3."

LiquorandGunFun said:
its still early.

no gears or halo to market yet.

I agree. It's very early. But no Gran Turismo or Uncharted either.

Aura7541 said:
CDiablo said:
Aura7541 said:
Doesn't really explain why 1/3 of the PS4 userbase were 360, Wii, or 360/Wii-only users from last generation. Also, PS3 continues to get a lot of support even though the PS4 is selling like hotcakes. Heck, Tales of Xillia 2 came out recently.

Just an FYI that survey was what consoles do you currently own if you are a PS4 owner. It has nothing to do with conversion, which doesnt mean people are/arent converting. 38% currently own a wii/x360. 17% own only a PS4 and the other 45% still have thier PS3's. Its just a junk clickbait title put out there by the gaming media.

edit: I personally know a few converts, that are also getting X1's at some point.

Read Kresnik's link. Just because you don't like the results of a survey, it doesn't make it clickbait.

"According to data given to Re/code, Nielsen surveyed 1,200 gamers from age 7 to 54 and found that 31 percent, almost a third, bought a PS4 after owning an Xbox 360 or Wii, but not a PS3."

"However, there’s one big caveat to the survey, which is that it asked only what consumers currently owned at the time of the survey, not what they had owned in the past. So, people who sold their PlayStation 3 in order to buy a PlayStation 4 would’ve been marked down as non-PS3 owners."

As reported on multiple sites. Just because you want something to be true doesnt not make it clickbait.

edit:http://recode.net/2014/08/20/nielsen-one-third-of-playstation-4-owners-switched-from-xbox-or-wii/?shared=email&msg=fail

edit 2: Your quote just reinforces what I was saying. Good job.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I'd like to think it's because the PS4 had more games released for it almost every month.

Also Sony supported the PS3 longer than they should of with the new Grand Turismo and Puppeteer.   I really doubt it's because PS3 people are bored.   

CDiablo said:
Aura7541 said:

"However, there’s one big caveat to the survey, which is that it asked only what consumers currently owned at the time of the survey, not what they had owned in the past. So, people who sold their PlayStation 3 in order to buy a PlayStation 4 would’ve been marked down as non-PS3 owners."

As reported on multiple sites. Just because you want something to be true doesnt not make it clickbait.

But you have no evidence supporting that. You're merely citing someone else's interpretation. It might have... it might have not. Another quote from Kresnik's link:

"that total could include those who sold their PS3s at GameStop to help pay for PS4."