By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New 3DS will double RAM and (nearly double) VRAM.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
definitely not a next handheld, it's closer to Game Boy Color than Dsi

anyway the name ''new 3DS'' tells that it is still a 3DS, but a ''new'' one :P

But what about the 2ds? Maybe they will make a New 2ds at some point?

Hmm... New 2ds

Nu 2ds

Nuds

Nude

The Nintendo Nude?

Around the Network

I dont understand this, so Nintendo makes yet another underpowered portable console and everybody shit in their pants? at best this ''new 3DS'' is half as powerfull as vita and many times less powerfull than a snapdragon 805, and some of u will be very happy if this is indeed nintendo's new handheld?

what there is to be happy about? I just wanna understand your logic!

Add me if u want :)

TheEighthByte said:
If Nintendo removed region locking, then I'd be VERY happy. Quite unlikely, though.

Same here.

Dulfite said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Hmm... New 2ds

Nu 2ds

Nuds

Nude

The Nintendo Nude?

lol
depends on how 2DS is selling and how new 3DS will sell i guess

and I hope that they remove the region lock too, but really, they won't :/

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Dulfite said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

Hmm... New 2ds

Nu 2ds

Nuds

Nude

The Nintendo Nude?

Oh yes! I would love to see that happen!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Most new games will probably be playable on both, but enhanced on the new 3DS.

UncleScrooge said:
Oh god guys, what are you smoking? This is not Nintendo's next handheld. This is like the Gameboy Color or the DSi: Slight hardware upgrade and some new features. 99% of the games library will be available on both devices and most (if not all) games will look exactly the same on both versions.

Doubling the RAM and having a higher clocked CPU makes the hardware like 50% more powerful. An actual "new" handheld will have at least 10x the power of the previous console. This is just a 3DS with a slightly newer version of its ARM CPU and more RAM for faster downloads.

99% of the Gameboy Color library was not also available on the Gameboy.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Sony-For-Life said:
I dont understand this, so Nintendo makes yet another underpowered portable console and everybody shit in their pants? at best this ''new 3DS'' is half as powerfull as vita and many times less powerfull than a snapdragon 805, and some of u will be very happy if this is indeed nintendo's new handheld?

There aren't many people happy about this release...don't know where you've been all day. And no one cares if the 3DS is less powerful. It's got a much better library of games and...wait for it...support from the company that made it. BOOM!!!

Sidenote: This isn't Nintendo's next handheld, guarenteed.

Sidenote 2: If by shit in their pants you mean shit all over Nintendo, then you would be right, because that's all anyone has been doing today.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Eh... all that means is its a 3DS plus... I'm guessing that the games coming out exclusively for this model will be more hardcore and niche titles. Xenoblade is a good example... I can't see them making a ton of games for it, because they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Even with the Ram doubled and all, it's still far less than modern phones. It's basically an PS2-Wii kind of jump.

Sony-For-Life said:

Who the fuck cares about the power of a console? >_>

It's about the games, not about the hardware.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert