By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: New 3DS will double RAM and (nearly double) VRAM.

tbone51 said:

Can you elaborate? How does it compare to the Vita? (only comparison it can be compared too lol

Depending on who you ask, 3DS was already more powerful than the Vita, so now it's twice as powerful :P

Around the Network

I can`t imagine this is true. Would be interesting though

So essentially, it's a new handheld being labeled as just another model.

Geez...

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

tbone51 said:
Teeqoz said:
o_O That makes it basically a new console fer cryin out loud!

Can you elaborate? How does it compare to the Vita? (only comparison it can be compared too lol

Still significantly weaker.

Teeqoz said:
o_O That makes it basically a new console fer cryin out loud!

I'm 99% sure that the extra RAM will be used for things like suspending gameplay/boot up time/getting into and out of applications etc. Nintendo is not going to make many games that can't run on the original 3DS because there are 50 million units out there in the wild. It would be suicide.

Around the Network

If Nintendo removed region locking, then I'd be VERY happy. Quite unlikely, though.

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

Just like the old Gameboy days. The 3DS will be succeeded by this like the GB was succeeded by the GBC. I think it is a smart move. They should just allow you to trade in your 3DS towards purchasing their new model.

That actuall would be a shitty business decision.

It's a redesign, also the PSP300 had 64MB of RAM as opposed to 32MB on PSP1000 and PSP2000 models. As time goes on ram gets cheaper, most likely 256MB right now are cheaper than 128MB in 2011.

Ultrashroomz said:
So essentially, it's a new handheld being labeled as just another model.

Geez...

Yeah.. I don't think anyone expected this! Definitely a weird move! :S

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---