By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Love him or hate him, PewDiePie is influential in the video game industry. You Tube videos are some of the best advertising.

Dadrik said:
"scourge of the gaming community?"

I never understood why he gets so much hate. Seriously, he does absolutely nothing wrong. He's literally a guy who enjoys video games with fans that enjoy watching him play them. That's all.

That's not really what people seem to dislike about him. You see, he doesn't do anything new for the YouTube community. He plays games and all and he's screaming while doing it. People don't think he deserves the most subs on YT for that. I don't hate him as a person, but I just dislike his fortune. As a person there is nothing wrong with him at all.

Also, some examples of YouTube channels I find far better than Pewdiepie for multiple reasons: Good Mythical Morning, Smosh (though they've lost a bit of their humour over time), Fine Bros., Communitychannel, and more. It's not that hard to find a more creative channel than one where a guy screams and earns millions of bucks.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Oh God, I absolutely detest pewdiepie and his disgusting fan base... Any YTer who plays a game he has- even if the other person played it first will get hit with "ooh you copying pewds!" or "stop copying the pewds". Ive also had the "privilege" to see his fan base in rl. At my high school there was a video game club, so I thought I might see how it was run... all the kids there were um... special.. not only that most werent even playing games, they were watching his vids... I finally left when some girl admitted to me that she masturbated to pewdiepie... Why she told me, I dont know. I never went back XD

PDP's fanbase is more fucked up than I thought! XD

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
StarOcean said:
Oh God, I absolutely detest pewdiepie and his disgusting fan base... Any YTer who plays a game he has- even if the other person played it first will get hit with "ooh you copying pewds!" or "stop copying the pewds". Ive also had the "privilege" to see his fan base in rl. At my high school there was a video game club, so I thought I might see how it was run... all the kids there were um... special.. not only that most werent even playing games, they were watching his vids... I finally left when some girl admitted to me that she masturbated to pewdiepie... Why she told me, I dont know. I never went back XD

PDP's fanbase is more fucked up than I thought! XD

It really is... v.v I couldve lived my whole life without knowing what she does about her idol when no one is looking... She also would only date Swedish people because of him- preferrably if they looked "as sexy as the pewds" XD

Squeezol said:
Dadrik said:

I never understood why he gets so much hate. Seriously, he does absolutely nothing wrong. He's literally a guy who enjoys video games with fans that enjoy watching him play them. That's all.

That's not really what people seem to dislike about him. You see, he doesn't do anything new for the YouTube community. He plays games and all and he's screaming while doing it. People don't think he deserves the most subs on YT for that. I don't hate him as a person, but I just dislike his fortune. As a person there is nothing wrong with him at all.

He makes fun videos that many people can enjoy. He also has a handsome face which I am sure helps him get more attention and he just seems like a genuine gamer that enjoys gaming. Nothing wrong with him being popular. Who would be more deserving?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Something I'm already thinking for some months now is that I believe that some developers make games especially where they think that many famous Youtubers will play them and push the sales with it.

Something which is always great for Youtubers are Horror games or at least games with "monsters", ridiculous games like Octodad or linear games which have great graphics and story. These are the games fans of many Youtubers seem to love to watch and these are also games which we see a lot right now.

Just make a game where you know that many famous Youtubers will play them and you will get nice sales from that alone.

You can also see it very often how Steam charts have a game selling pretty well when a famous Youtuber is playing it. 

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
Squeezol said:
Dadrik said:

He makes fun videos that many people can enjoy. He also has a handsome face which I am sure helps him get more attention and he just seems like a genuine gamer that enjoys gaming. Nothing wrong with him being popular. Who would be more deserving?

Once again, people that have contributed more original content to YouTube. Heck, I was pretty satisfied when Smosh still had the top spot. There's tons of YouTubers that have done more, at least in my vision, to deserve that many subscribers. It's not hard to beat someone who keeps screaming around and earns millions of dollars. He won't stop being unoriginal.

Squeezol said:
Ninsect said:

Once again, people that have contributed more original content to YouTube. Heck, I was pretty satisfied when Smosh still had the top spot. There's tons of YouTubers that have done more, at least in my vision, to deserve that many subscribers.

I was personally very happy when Nigahiga had the top spot! He was always a good Youtube user in my opinion!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's a picture of sheep... because you know.

Honestly, never heard of this guy until about a month ago. Just don't care what his influence is. I have the same view of most youtubers. Lucky.

Hmm, pie.

Teeqoz said:
Dadrik said:

*sigh*...

Just like the vast majority of jokes on the internet. Seriously, a LOT of jokes on this very forum are pretty childish, but does that mean we're just a bunch of idiotic kids ? 

What are you doing here? You should be busy playing Jak & Daxter!

I know, I'm sorry :(

I kinda ragequit the Blue Rings Challenge :P

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Squeezol said:
Ninsect said:

Once again, people that have contributed more original content to YouTube. Heck, I was pretty satisfied when Smosh still had the top spot. There's tons of YouTubers that have done more, at least in my vision, to deserve that many subscribers. It's not hard to beat someone who keeps screaming around and earns millions of dollars. He won't stop being unoriginal.

Is your problem then that he is at the top? What if he had tons of subscribers but more "original" youtubers were above him, would that change anything?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com