By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

Zanten said:
IamAwsome said:
BeElite said:

Same old list and ?? you forget PS has doubly the big franchises to throw at them

No they realisticaly dont, they will not buy them selves out if it thought many one here fail to understand.  Ms is a business and they are in it to make $ not full fill fanboyish dreams of fighting sony and PS and beating them at massive finencial cost.  

And i ment making its release numbers irrelevent, but yes eventulally even the whoel console as a whole.

Microsoft is investing in new 1st party content as well. 

Yes they do have methods to get out. Does the Tomb Raider deal ring a bell? Call it controversial, anti-gamer, or whatever, but Microsoft can leverage things like that to sell consoles. Yes they want to make money, but why would they compete (and invest so much) if they weren't in it to win?

The thing is, as far as the global market goes, this prediction coming true would require Microsoft to dominte the U.S. market even more than the 360 did, since by what little info we have, the Xbox One is doing even more poorly in Europe than its predecessor did. Sure, Microsoft might invest in new 1st party content on a regular basis (which would be a pretty big change to their somewhat stale attitude during the last half of the 360 generation, but since they're losing, they might indeed make more effort now,) equal out the price, etc, etc... I don't even think that them achieving a parity, or lead, in the U.S. is out of the question, given Halo, CoD, etc, etc appeals greatly in North America and the U.K. But extending that to insist it will have even the SAME level of dominance in the U.S. that the Xbox 360 did is stretching things, because they're not launching from anywhere near the position of strength they had last gen, and Sony isn't launching from anywhere near the position of weakness they had with the PS3.

And, as said before, to catch up globally, they are going to need to be even MORE dominant this generation, in the U.S., than they were last generation.

No they do not have to do better than the Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 has outsold the PS3 by 15 million units in the us.

The PS4 just have a 4 million lead on the Xbox One.

If Sony had at least a 7 Million lead I wouldn't think a comback would be possible. 

But a 4 million lead is definetly possible to catch.

and I didn't say by this year or next year. I said holiday 2016.

I don't think I am being unrealistic.

Around the Network

Jega in aligned trend PS3 have ALWAYS stayed ahead of x1.
And about MS having money to warrant success why didn't they used it to win against PS2? Wii? Or Apple before the iPod catched on? Because they don't risk profits for marketshare and money doesn't assure victory.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DialgaMarine said:
"All lot of people I know..." Pretty much stopped there. I'll never understand how some people can maintain the notion that what occurs in their social bubble or immediate vicinity is somehow reflective of the entire picture. Also, where was this "games sell gaming consoles" mentality in the latter half of last gen, when PS3 getting boatloads of exclusive AAA exclusives?

Stop this BS of pretending PS4 somehow doesn't have its own share of big exclusives coming, because if paid attention to just Gamescom, you know it has plenty.

Not just plenty. More, and better ones at that. A lot more diverse, as well.

Quite frankly, if games sell consoles (which in truth has always been a faulty simplification of the console market), then the PS4 is only just hitting its stride and will keep widening the gap.

And, yeah, I agree with you. The whole "a lot of people I know" fallacy is a pretty bizarre one to encounter on a site like VGChartz, where one would think people should have some elementary concept of statistics and sample bias.

I doubt it can catch the Wii U... So technically "No"

IamAwsome said:

Yes they do have methods to get out. Does the Tomb Raider deal ring a bell? Call it controversial, anti-gamer, or whatever, but Microsoft can leverage things like that to sell consoles. Yes they want to make money, but why would they compete (and invest so much) if they weren't in it to win?

I'm not entirely sure TR counts as a system seller, I consider it more of a depth franchise, than the star of a library (It's popularity kind of plummeted between TR3-TR2013, the new one was a step in the right direction sure, but they just kneecapped its revival, imo).  And I think once holiday 2015 rolls around and people start seeing 'Only on Xbox One', attached to a franchise that's been on Sony's consoles for the past 18 years, isn't going to have the desired effect CD/MS are looking for.

Good luck to 'em though, not sure the logic behind cutting out your biggest fanbase for a timed period, especially when your previous game underperformed (according to CD).

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
BeElite said:
IamAwsome said:

Being made irrelevant overall?? Not really because games like Quantum Break, Halo, and the new Gears of War haven't gotten here yet, and other third party deals that Microsoft may/may not unleash. Believe me, Microsoft knows that they are in the hole, and they have methods to get out. 

Same old list and ?? you forget PS has doubly the big franchises to throw at them

No they realisticaly dont, they will not buy them selves out if it thought many one here fail to understand.  Ms is a business and they are in it to make $ not full fill fanboyish dreams of fighting sony and PS and beating them at massive finencial cost.  

And i ment making its release numbers irrelevent, but yes eventulally even the whoel console as a whole.

Where were those methods when surface, azzure and Xbox original bombed?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I am so disappointed that I opened this and it wasn't a TheDrill thread. Oh well. Time for the popcorn!

Zackasaurus-rex said:
DialgaMarine said:
"All lot of people I know..." Pretty much stopped there. I'll never understand how some people can maintain the notion that what occurs in their social bubble or immediate vicinity is somehow reflective of the entire picture. Also, where was this "games sell gaming consoles" mentality in the latter half of last gen, when PS3 getting boatloads of exclusive AAA exclusives?

Stop this BS of pretending PS4 somehow doesn't have its own share of big exclusives coming, because if paid attention to just Gamescom, you know it has plenty.

Not just plenty. More, and better ones at that. A lot more diverse, as well.

Quite frankly, if games sell consoles (which in truth has always been a faulty simplification of the console market), then the PS4 is only just hitting its stride and will keep widening the gap.

And, yeah, I agree with you. The whole "a lot of people I know" fallacy is a pretty bizarre one to encounter on a site like VGChartz, where one would think people should have some elementary concept of statistics and sample bias.

When using the "a lot of people I know" card the person should remember everybody here is a person so these also people you know are disagreeing with you then perhaps you could accept that is a bigger sample and more "true" but then they give more leverage to the 2 person they know than the 50 who are disagreeing with him.

Lmao same people fall for these threads over and over, instead of not posting in a thread that clearly won't happen instead they post 30 times in it -____- lol

I'll edit this post in 2016 and fill it with a lot of sarcasm and mockery.

If anyone sees it please remind me.