By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One To Catch Playstation 4 In Consoles Sold Worldwide Because of America By Holiday 2016.

Jega said:
mornelithe said:
IamAwsome said:

Microsoft is investing in new 1st party content as well. 

Yes they do have methods to get out. Does the Tomb Raider deal ring a bell? Call it controversial, anti-gamer, or whatever, but Microsoft can leverage things like that to sell consoles. Yes they want to make money, but why would they compete (and invest so much) if they weren't in it to win?

I'm not entirely sure TR counts as a system seller, I consider it more of a depth franchise, than the star of a library (It's popularity kind of plummeted between TR3-TR2013, the new one was a step in the right direction sure, but they just kneecapped its revival, imo).  And I think once holiday 2015 rolls around and people start seeing 'Only on Xbox One', attached to a franchise that's been on Sony's consoles for the past 18 years, isn't going to have the desired effect CD/MS are looking for.

Good luck to 'em though, not sure the logic behind cutting out your biggest fanbase for a timed period, especially when your previous game underperformed (according to CD).

I just had a thought on that would the new uncharted game have the same hype behind it if it was a multiplatform title.

I don't think so. It would sell more units than if it was just on PS4, but the hype would not be the same.

Same for Bloodbourne, I don't think some people would be talking about that game so much if it was also coming to the Xbox One.

So with Microsoft help. I think CD thinks the game will get more hype behind it as an exclusive and make tomb raider even more 

popular.  If the last TR game sold like 5 million across multiple platforms. Maybe CD thinks if marketed well it could sell maybe 5 million

as a Xbox exclusive game. Notice it is being released on Xbox One and Xbox 360. So now imagine it sells 7million or 8 million on those

consoles alone. And then later on release it for PS4 and PC. It would sell even more copies.

Time will tell if that strategy will work.

Please man. Don't embarass yourself. Being on 5 platforms it achieved less than 7M and comparatively the two worst performers were the MS consoles (total base was 170M consoles plus like 20-50M gaming PC. Now you think it will do 8M on a 15-20M x1 base plus 85-90M x360 with several players already having transitioned or planning for 8th gen. Basically half the console base and on the underperformers. For real?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Jega said:
mornelithe said:
IamAwsome said:

Yes they do have methods to get out. Does the Tomb Raider deal ring a bell? Call it controversial, anti-gamer, or whatever, but Microsoft can leverage things like that to sell consoles. Yes they want to make money, but why would they compete (and invest so much) if they weren't in it to win?

I'm not entirely sure TR counts as a system seller, I consider it more of a depth franchise, than the star of a library (It's popularity kind of plummeted between TR3-TR2013, the new one was a step in the right direction sure, but they just kneecapped its revival, imo).  And I think once holiday 2015 rolls around and people start seeing 'Only on Xbox One', attached to a franchise that's been on Sony's consoles for the past 18 years, isn't going to have the desired effect CD/MS are looking for.

Good luck to 'em though, not sure the logic behind cutting out your biggest fanbase for a timed period, especially when your previous game underperformed (according to CD).

I just had a thought on that would the new uncharted game have the same hype behind it if it was a multiplatform title.

I don't think so. It would sell more units than if it was just on PS4, but the hype would not be the same.

Same for Bloodbourne, I don't think some people would be talking about that game so much if it was also coming to the Xbox One.

So with Microsoft help. I think CD thinks the game will get more hype behind it as an exclusive and make tomb raider even more 

popular.  If the last TR game sold like 5 million across multiple platforms. Maybe CD thinks if marketed well it could sell maybe 5 million

as a Xbox exclusive game. Notice it is being released on Xbox One and Xbox 360. So now imagine it sells 7million or 8 million on those

consoles alone. And then later on release it for PS4 and PC. It would sell even more copies.

I was thinking the same thing. If TR launched alongside Uncharted on the PS4 it would die and we all know this. Launching on the XB1 first gives them a stronger position against Uncharted. 

The Next thing to consider is that the rise of the tomb raider might end up looking very realistic.

From the tech I hear they are putting into that game.

A very realistic looking game could send the franchise to unprecedented levels of sales.

And then market the heck out of it. It could be something really big,

Like I said time will tell.

Jega said:

Games sell Gaming Consoles.

Many people I know are holding out getting an Xbox One because of price, Games and I even a console redesign.

Many people who want the Xbox One don't see a reason to get one at the moment.

There are 3 big games that many Xbox Fans are waiting for before they purchase an Xbox One.

A true next-gen call of duty game, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo 5: Guardians, and a new Gears of War.

The first of these games will launch this holiday season with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Microsoft went out of their way to make sure there is a Call of Duty bundle for this call of duty game, showing how important Microsoft

thinks this game is for the sales of the Xbox One.

So far only the Xbox One version is being showed. A true next-gen Call of Duty Game is what Millions of Xbox fans are waiting for

to purchase an Xbox One, so I expect a dramatic rise in Xbox One Console sales upon release and the months after release of this game.

I expect with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to help Xbox One Outsell the Playstation 4 this Holiday season in (America), depite the 

fact that the game is also coming to the Playstation 4.

Halo 5: Guardians is the next major game millions of Xbox fans are waiting for before they purchase an Xbox One. This game will be released

Holiday 2015, another game which I believe will help Xbox One outsell the Playstation 4 during the holidays in America.

A new Gears of War is another game millions of Xbox fans are waiting before they purchase and Xbox One. This game will be released Holiday

2016, another game which will help Xbox One Outsell the Playstation 4 during the Holidays in America.

Now I realize that many of these Xbox gamers are fans of all three games. But I believe these 3 games will help boost Xbox One sale during

the holidays and Ibelieve will these 3 games will help Xbox One outsell Playstation 4 during those holiday periods.

Now there are other variables that can stop this from happenning, Sony can and will most likely drop the price of the Playstation 4 by

holiday 2015 and Holiday 2016, but so can Microsoft with the Xbox One.

Many people feel there is no way Xbox One can catch the Playstation 4 in consoles sold. But I feel with these 3 games alone , not Including

many other exclusive anounced and unanounced games like RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER, I believe Microsoft have even more big name

franchises they will try to secure to help boost Xbox One sales. There are rumors of the games such as the next RESIDENT EVIL being a

timed Exclusive.

And don't forget Microsoft is spending over a billion dollars this generation to secure Exclusive games.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Spends+1+Billion+on+Exclusive+Xbox+One+Games/article31656.htm

I believe for the next 3 holiday seasons and beyond, Xbox one will outsell the Playstation 4 in America

enabling the Xbox One to at least catch the Playstation 4 in Worldwide Sales by holiday 2016.

I also believe Playstation 4 Sales will slow next year, while Xbox One Sales will remain steady, Just my opinion!

Time will tell, but these are just some of my thoughts.

Honestly A new Halo is nice and all, but if they showed a New Next Gen Gears that went back to Gears roots (not first person jugdment nonsense) than it might get me to buy an xbox one. Though Microsoft doesnt own the Gears franchise so who knows what will happen. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

The OP has to start taking bets if they want to make bold, daring, implausible or outright ridiculous predictions.

No bets accepted? The OP is just talking through his ass to get hits.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Jega said:

Does GTA lack hype casue its multi no great games is great games.  Your just using foolish fanboyism to argue a pointless point.

CD has shit all to say in the matter, SE calls the shots.  SE got MS to pay then enough top compensate for the obviously lower sales TR will get by being TIMED exclusve worth it to them.  MS casue they lack 1st party went out and payed for a TIMED exclusve in an attempt to better compete with sony.  

7/8m on 360/X1 LOL those are some seriouly big dreams.  

If GTA 6 is anounced as a PS4 exclusive. Many people will Hype it to death just because it is only on the PS4.

IamAwsome said:
DonFerrari said:

Where were those methods when surface, azzure and Xbox original bombed?

Surface bombed because of it's price, and the fact that they are competing in a heavily contested market against Apple and several Android manufacturers. They at least have a foothold in games since Xbox is a popular brand. Tablets? Not until they release a budget tablet, and Windows 7/8 against iOS and Android doesn't exactly help that, and they have poured money into it. Azure? I don't know why that failed.

What is your measurement of success with the original Xbox? They at the very least grew it into a major brand amongst the mainstream in the face of Sony domination, something that Sega and Nintendo couldn't do. 

So MS couldn't throw money at reducing surface price but would do for X1 ok.

By azzure I meant iPod competitor that failed miserably.

Xbox original sold 1/5 of ps2 and haven't made them a stronghold. And all the money they throw haven't made it competitive against ps2 and barelly outsold bombed GC. But why didn't MS money put them ahead of Wii and Ps3 with x360? Why are x1 being outsold by WiiU and in 14 have sold 40% of PS4? 9 months is a lot of time for money to be used.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CityOfNoobs said:
Jega said:

Many people I know are holding out getting an Xbox One because of price, Games and I even a console redesign.

Many people who want the Xbox One don't see a reason to get one at the moment.

There are 3 big games that many Xbox Fans are waiting for before they purchase an Xbox One.

A true next-gen call of duty game, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Halo 5: Guardians, and a new Gears of War.

The first of these games will launch this holiday season with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

Microsoft went out of their way to make sure there is a Call of Duty bundle for this call of duty game, showing how important Microsoft

thinks this game is for the sales of the Xbox One.

So far only the Xbox One version is being showed. A true next-gen Call of Duty Game is what Millions of Xbox fans are waiting for

to purchase an Xbox One, so I expect a dramatic rise in Xbox One Console sales upon release and the months after release of this game.

I expect with Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare to help Xbox One Outsell the Playstation 4 this Holiday season in (America), depite the 

fact that the game is also coming to the Playstation 4.

Halo 5: Guardians is the next major game millions of Xbox fans are waiting for before they purchase an Xbox One. This game will be released

Holiday 2015, another game which I believe will help Xbox One outsell the Playstation 4 during the holidays in America.

A new Gears of War is another game millions of Xbox fans are waiting before they purchase and Xbox One. This game will be released Holiday

2016, another game which will help Xbox One Outsell the Playstation 4 during the Holidays in America.

Now I realize that many of these Xbox gamers are fans of all three games. But I believe these 3 games will help boost Xbox One sale during

the holidays and Ibelieve will these 3 games will help Xbox One outsell Playstation 4 during those holiday periods.

Now there are other variables that can stop this from happenning, Sony can and will most likely drop the price of the Playstation 4 by

holiday 2015 and Holiday 2016, but so can Microsoft with the Xbox One.

Many people feel there is no way Xbox One can catch the Playstation 4 in consoles sold. But I feel with these 3 games alone , not Including

many other exclusive anounced and unanounced games like RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER, I believe Microsoft have even more big name

franchises they will try to secure to help boost Xbox One sales. There are rumors of the games such as the next RESIDENT EVIL being a

timed Exclusive.

And don't forget Microsoft is spending over a billion dollars this generation to secure Exclusive games.

http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+Spends+1+Billion+on+Exclusive+Xbox+One+Games/article31656.htm

I believe for the next 3 holiday seasons and beyond, Xbox one will outsell the Playstation 4 in America

enabling the Xbox One to at least catch the Playstation 4 in Worldwide Sales by holiday 2016.

I also believe Playstation 4 Sales will slow next year, while Xbox One Sales will remain steady, Just my opinion!

Time will tell, but these are just some of my thoughts.

Honestly A new Halo is nice and all, but if they showed a New Next Gen Gears that went back to Gears roots (not first person jugdment nonsense) than it might get me to buy an xbox one. Though Microsoft doesnt own the Gears franchise so who knows what will happen. 

Microsoft does own the IP. They bought it from epic a while back.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5345342/gears-of-war-xbox-one-microsoft-epic-games-rod-fergusson

Sigh, another silly prediction for fame, these are not funny anymore, yours isn't even outrageous enough to warrant tagging it for later.

So now we are talking about UNANNOUNCED games (Gears) and 2016??? Hey guys, the XB1 has to survive THIS holiday first! If sales don't improve SIGNIFICANTLY this holiday, I wouldn't want to bet money that it will even be around in 2016!