By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hacker Group Vow to Destroy Sony

crissindahouse said:
Nicklesbe said:
crissindahouse said:

Dude, there is no "Sony or MS fanboys are better/smarter/nicer" so that you will or would get the exact same reactions from both in the same situaton. If MS would have been first today you would have seen some Sony fanboys complaining about MS.

What you try to say is "there are millions of Sony and MS fans but Sony fans have a better understanding about DDoS attacks so that they would never say stuff like the MS fans".

Sorry but there is absolutely no reason why this should make any sense.

Look at the posts so far in both this thread and other threads about it. Every person you see bashing sony also shows a deep misunderstanding of how DDos attacks work. It makes sense because there is evidence that supports it. If the theories that most of the people in this forum are Sony fans than that means that the Xb1 fans, and when I say fan I really mean dedicated fan, not most gamers that enjoy both are a smaller pool of people. The same people that appear to misunderstand how DDos works also appears to be a smaller pool of people that happens to sit in that camp. Not saying that's how it is all over the world but so far in this forum and in these topics it's held true. 

It happened first to Sony today so that you obviously saw MS and not Sony fans bashing Sony for it even if much of what they said was wrong. That doesn't mean that Sony fans know more about it, only that Sony fanboys don't bash Sony as much as MS fanboys do (surprise surprise) and that Sony fans won't start to bash MS now since it would look a little bit weird to say nothing or to defend Sony and complain about MS just hours later...

If it would have happened to MS first you would have seen much less MS fanboys talking wrong stuff today but that would also not mean that they know more about it.

it is really not that hard to understand.

It did happen to MS first. Theyve been attacked a few times this year already with DDos attacks by many different groups. http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/ Yet they wern't bashed about it. If it happened to MS first today you would see just as many if not more MS fans bahsing Sony bringing up past attacks. It does mean Sony fans know more about it. In these forums at least because so far the only ones to show extreme ignorance about it and be wrong were MS dedicated fans. It's really isn't hard to understand, the only ones so far that showed ignorance, or were wrong about DDos attacks have been MS dedicated fans and they bash sony even tho they suffered several attacks so far themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network

Same thing pulls Xbox Live down.

DDoS attacks are not hacks! No information is taken, nothing is changed, the server is just overrun with useless requests. Pretty much everyone is vulnerable to this. On a large enough scale, even Google could be taken down. Amazon has in the past as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/24/playstation-network-update-2/#sf4320680

Like other major networks around the world, the PlayStation Network and Sony Entertainment Network have been impacted by an attempt to overwhelm our network with artificially high traffic.

Although this has impacted your ability to access our network and enjoy our services, no personal information has been accessed.
We will continue to work towards fixing this issue and hope to have our services up and running as soon as possible.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

LOL!

Nicklesbe said:

It did happen to MS first. Theyve been attacked a few times this year already with DDos attacks by many different groups. http://gearnuke.com/hacker-group-derp-beigns-attacking-xbox-live-brings-ddos-attack/ Yet they wern't bashed about it. If it happened to MS first today you would see just as many if not more MS fans bahsing Sony bringing up past attacks. It does mean Sony fans know more about it. In these forums at least because so far the only ones to show extreme ignorance about it and be wrong were MS dedicated fans. It's really isn't hard to understand, the only ones so far that showed ignorance, or were wrong about DDos attacks have been MS dedicated fans and they bash sony even tho they suffered several attacks so far themselves.

Yes it happened to MS and when you go back to that time you will find Sony fans bashing MS. 

Today is just exploding because of all this shit with that Lizard guy and so on and you would see much less posts today without this.

If the whole case today would have been a problem for only an hour and without all these crazy tweets from these twitter guys the topic would be already done and this thread would have probably only a tenth of the posts.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:

Well this is interesting...

Good luck to them I suppose? Not sure how to feel about it

You're not sure how to feel about this? That's a strange response. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Conegamer said:

I didn't know how to feel either. I was frustrated at first because I wanted to play diablo with my friends on my day off. Then I thought about the long lasting benefits to society and how i will be reimbursed for my Sunday off after its fixed. Then I remembered that wasnt true or remotely possible and then I had an epiphany: I remembered how not being able to access things I pay for by people martyring my time and finances leaves me torn.

On one hand its frustrating but on the other hand its frustrating. In the end I feel frustrated. I then remembered how those guys at Sony and Sony (as a person, since its a corperation) must also be frustrated. Then I remembered it really is only me suffering. But part of me is like "coperations are bad" but then part of me is like "Shut up. Sony must suffer, even if you don't understand why, it is for your own good".

So I listened to the part of me that told me to "shut up". That part of me is right. But then I remembered theres another side to it.....but even though I remember there is something other than frustration to feel I dont recall exactly what it is. Oh yeah, when people do this they tap into that part of me that really wants to sacrifice my free time and have people tell me how I should use it for the good of me that I didnt even recognize. So in the end I am frustrated, but I am sure there is another way to look at it.

It might be empathy, it might be gas pains. Who can know for sure.

Nicklesbe said:
crissindahouse said:

Dude, there is no "Sony or MS fanboys are better/smarter/nicer" so that you will or would get the exact same reactions from both in the same situaton. If MS would have been first today you would have seen some Sony fanboys complaining about MS.

What you try to say is "there are millions of Sony and MS fans but Sony fans have a better understanding about DDoS attacks so that they would never say stuff like the MS fans".

Sorry but there is absolutely no reason why this should make any sense.

Look at the posts so far in both this thread and other threads about it. Every person you see bashing sony also shows a deep misunderstanding of how DDos attacks work. It makes sense because there is evidence that supports it. If the theories are true that say most of the people in this forum are Sony fans than that means that the Xb1 fans, (and when I say fan I really mean dedicated fan, not most gamers that enjoy both) are a smaller pool of people. The same people that appear to misunderstand how DDos works also appears to be a smaller pool of people that happens to sit in that camp. Not saying that's how it is all over the world but so far in this forum and in these topics it's held true. 

You should read about confounders in statistics.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Fusioncode said:
Conegamer said:

You're not sure how to feel about this? That's a strange response. 

It's obvious this is a very bad thing indeed and shouldn't be done. I just don't understand why they're doing this; the bomb threat stuff for example. 

Also the "good luck" thing is sarcastic. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Jesus these guys are morons, telling airlines that there are bombs on flights now? How stupid do they have to be to think that they'll get away with this?