By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hacker Group Vow to Destroy Sony

famedgod is trolling

Around the Network

Can someone explain what a DDOS attack is? If it's not hacking,then what is it exactly? I'm just curious,as I"m no expert in this kind of thing.

oldschoolfool said:
Can someone explain what a DDOS attack is? If it's not hacking,then what is it exactly? I'm just curious,as I"m no expert in this kind of thing.

Sending massive requests to a site which is usually done by legit users. Servers cant handle it and gets down. Its like clogging a toilet with lots of toilet tissue.

Nicklesbe said:
crissindahouse said:

Dude, there is no "Sony or MS fanboys are better/smarter/nicer" so that you will or would get the exact same reactions from both in the same situaton. If MS would have been first today you would have seen some Sony fanboys complaining about MS.

What you try to say is "there are millions of Sony and MS fans but Sony fans have a better understanding about DDoS attacks so that they would never say stuff like the MS fans".

Sorry but there is absolutely no reason why this should make any sense.

Look at the posts so far in both this thread and other threads about it. Every person you see bashing sony also shows a deep misunderstanding of how DDos attacks work. It makes sense because there is evidence that supports it. If the theories that most of the people in this forum are Sony fans than that means that the Xb1 fans, and when I say fan I really mean dedicated fan, not most gamers that enjoy both are a smaller pool of people. The same people that appear to misunderstand how DDos works also appears to be a smaller pool of people that happens to sit in that camp. Not saying that's how it is all over the world but so far in this forum and in these topics it's held true. 

It happened first to Sony today so that you obviously saw MS and not Sony fans bashing Sony for it even if much of what they said was wrong so that more MS fans said wrong stuff. That doesn't mean that Sony fans know more about it, only that Sony fanboys don't bash Sony as much as MS fanboys do (surprise surprise) and that Sony fans won't start to bash MS now since it would look a little bit weird to say nothing or to defend Sony and complain about MS just hours later...

If it would have happened to MS first you would have seen much less MS but more Sony fans talking wrong stuff today but that would also not mean that they know more or less about it.

it is really not that hard to understand.

oldschoolfool said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#mediaviewer/File:Stachledraht_DDos_Attack.svg

End of the day the ammount/quality of servers they have doesn't really matter becuase the network infront of and behind the servers can be attacked preventing the servers from getting a connection.

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
manny10032 said:

WOW!!! shit is crazy. He has no idea why the flight landed

1. Stop playing minecraft.

2. Attack on titans???

3. Follow shu yoshida.

1. NEVER

2. Hell Yeah

3. Def Will 

:)

Well this is interesting...

Good luck to them I suppose? Not sure how to feel about it

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

manny10032 said:

1. NEVER

2. Hell Yeah

3. Def Will 

:)

daredevil.shark said:
oldschoolfool said:

Sending massive requests to a site which is usually done by legit users. Servers cant handle it and gets down. Its like clogging a toilet with lots of toilet tissue.

oh,I see! thanks for the reply. I was thinking it was something more complicated. lol

So is this FamedGod guy for real or is he trolling?

Nintendo and PC gamer