By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it turns out the PS4 does have software authentication...

naruball said:
cpg716 said:
Raziel123 said:
*shrugs*
I don't mind using the best controller ever made

The X360 controller works with it?

Read the quote again. He said best controller ever made.

Opinion fight!

Around the Network
wilco said:
DonFerrari said:
And I gave you a option that you just said you wouldn't do... make your X360 controler work on PS4 by using the insides of it on the X360 shell.

You can't be serious about that. That will NOT work.

Why wouldn't a controller made of the shell of a x360 controller but the internals of PS4 controller work? I actually don't believe you are serious. Have you noticed the only people that supported you are know sony haters? That just want to say ms controllers are better and even most of them would Just say buy the superior console as well?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
wilco said:
DonFerrari said:
And I gave you a option that you just said you wouldn't do... make your X360 controler work on PS4 by using the insides of it on the X360 shell.

Why wouldn't a controller made of the shell of a x360 controller but the internals of PS4 controller work? I actually don't believe you are serious. Have you noticed the only people that supported you are know sony haters? That just want to say ms controllers are better and even most of them would Just say buy the superior console as well?

So, to explain this to you I'll give you an assignment. Go get a square peg, then get a round hole with a radius less than the width of the square peg, now try to fit the square peg into the round hole. After you attempt this you will understand why your suggestion won't work.

wilco said:
DonFerrari said:
wilco said:
DonFerrari said:

So, to explain this to you I'll give you an assignment. Go get a square peg, then get a round hole with a radius less than the width of the square peg, now try to fit the square peg into the round hole. After you attempt this you will understand why your suggestion won't work.

Aan engineer I would either choose peg and hole compatible if I was designing it. If I was solving the problem I would retify the hole to a square.

But it seems you want to fit the square peg on the round hole (and even if the diameter were compatible to the side it wouldn't fit, it would just enter it), since you want to use an incompatible controller on a system and want Sony to solve your problem. As you said you are just entitled gamer.

I'm pretty certain there are a lot of capable people who could mod the two controllers to make what I said happen, but you seem to Just want to complain, this is why I asked you to prove impossible and you just was condecending and patronizing, not good argumentation skills.

Also you ignored the second part because the answer doesn't help you.

So please answer technically why can't you use the mold of a x360 with the board of a ps4... As that is exactly what the 3rd party controller posted to you was in the end.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:

Aan engineer I would either choose peg and hole compatible if I was designing it. If I was solving the problem I would retify the hole to a square.

But it seems you want to fit the square peg on the round hole (and even if the diameter were compatible to the side it wouldn't fit, it would just enter it), since you want to use an incompatible controller on a system and want Sony to solve your problem. As you said you are just entitled gamer.

I'm pretty certain there are a lot of capable people who could mod the two controllers to make what I said happen, but you seem to Just want to complain, this is why I asked you to prove impossible and you just was condecending and patronizing, not good argumentation skills.

So please answer technically why can't you use the mold of a x360 with the board of a ps4... As that is exactly what the 3rd party controller posted to you was in the end.

Your first sentence pretty much answers your own question. The xbox mold is not compatible with the ds4 internals.

The amount of work that would be required to do what you are suggesting would basically mean building a controller from scratch. I am not an engineer, if you are then you'll need to explain how this would work. What you are suggesting is nowhere close to being as simple as you are making it sound. The internals of a ds4 are completely different from the internals of an xb1. Whatever controller you manage to create from that would be a frankensteins monster that is barely functional. I honestly don't understand why you would even think that this would be a feasible option. If you really know a way to make this work then I'm all ears. You'll need to be a little bit more specific than "put ds4 board in xbox mold."

Around the Network

I seriously don't understand how this thread continues to stay alive.  

Topic: XBOX controller does not work with the PS4. <-------- What the title should say

Solutions:  

1.)  Buy a third party controller (you completely dismissed this because they are horrendous and are cheaply made)

2.) Someone suggested an alternative to this cheaply made third party controller by using the mold of a XB360 controller with the board of the DS4. (Again you dismissed this resolution by saying that you are incapable of doing this).

3.) Stay with your XB1 and do us all a favor and don't buy a PS4 so we don't have to hear you complain about the DS4.  

Any further refutes in this thread just proves my point that you are a troll.  You have NEVER thanked anyone for their suggestions nor have you suggested any yourself.  The only thing that I see YOU doing is complaining about the suggestions we make to HELP you or complain about the DS4 whilst praising the XBOX controllers.

Why can't I use my DS4 on my friend's Xbox one?
Fucking Microsoft with their DRM still imposed.

wilco said:
DonFerrari said:

Your first sentence pretty much answers your own question. The xbox mold is not compatible with the ds4 internals.

The amount of work that would be required to do what you are suggesting would basically mean building a controller from scratch. I am not an engineer, if you are then you'll need to explain how this would work. What you are suggesting is nowhere close to being as simple as you are making it sound. The internals of a ds4 are completely different from the internals of an xb1. Whatever controller you manage to create from that would be a frankensteins monster that is barely functional. I honestly don't understand why you would even think that this would be a feasible option. If you really know a way to make this work then I'm all ears. You'll need to be a little bit more specific than "put ds4 board in xbox mold."

Have I said it is easy? I said doable. And you assuming you know squat of the technical part proves my point. Being a different form factor doesn't make it impossible until you try. If I had interest in modding my controller (which I don't since none of my DS controllers bothered me) and wanted to expend money and time I could do it. You know the control is basically a circuit board, sensors, wire and button right? You don't need all those from ps4, Just the board would probably be mandatory.

Anyway since I never dissassembled both controllers to evaluate the size and difficult I'll give another option use the board of a 3rd party ps4 controller with the form akin x360. Keep x360 shell and buttons. Easier right?

But please answer why just you and yours unnamed friends bother with it and no one here supported you?

Also if the problem is the 8 min check try validating with ps4 then change to x360+adaptor. I don't think it will work since I don't think the 8min check is what prevents it.

I keep trying to plug my Keurig Coffee maker into my Gamecube but it won't work for some reason. Lame.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

wilco said:
Michael-5 said:

You can use the PS3 controller & the 360-PC & any PC controller via bluetooth.

Do you have evidence of this?

Google articles about using PS3 controllers on PS4. PS4's had an update about a month ago which allows you to use PC controllers as well as PS3 controllers on the PS4.

So PS4 can use every controller PS3 could now.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results