By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it turns out the PS4 does have software authentication...

overman1 said:

Why can't I use my DS4 on my friend's Xbox one?
Fucking Microsoft with their DRM still imposed.

You can.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
wilco said:

Your first sentence pretty much answers your own question. The xbox mold is not compatible with the ds4 internals.

The amount of work that would be required to do what you are suggesting would basically mean building a controller from scratch. I am not an engineer, if you are then you'll need to explain how this would work. What you are suggesting is nowhere close to being as simple as you are making it sound. The internals of a ds4 are completely different from the internals of an xb1. Whatever controller you manage to create from that would be a frankensteins monster that is barely functional. I honestly don't understand why you would even think that this would be a feasible option. If you really know a way to make this work then I'm all ears. You'll need to be a little bit more specific than "put ds4 board in xbox mold."

Make your own Xbox mold.  

If I have to make my own xbox mold then its not really the same anymore now is it?

Michael-5 said:
wilco said:
Michael-5 said:

You can use the PS3 controller & the 360-PC & any PC controller via bluetooth.

Do you have evidence of this?

Google articles about using PS3 controllers on PS4. PS4's had an update about a month ago which allows you to use PC controllers as well as PS3 controllers on the PS4.

So PS4 can use every controller PS3 could now.

Hmm... I had an adapter that allowed me to use a wired xbox controller on ps3. If your right then maybe that will work. Thanks for actually presenting an option that makes some sense.

wilco said:
Michael-5 said:
wilco said:

Google articles about using PS3 controllers on PS4. PS4's had an update about a month ago which allows you to use PC controllers as well as PS3 controllers on the PS4.

Hmm... I had an adapter that allowed me to use a wired xbox controller on ps3. If your right then maybe that will work. Thanks for actually presenting an option that makes some sense.

The only option that make sense is only the one you wanted Sony to do for you from the beggining? I hope you post a photo of you and your PS4 using a yellow shirt and a plate saying "thanks Michael-5" to prove that this was the only obstacle between you and PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
wilco said:
Michael-5 said:
wilco said:

The only option that make sense is only the one you wanted Sony to do for you from the beggining? I hope you post a photo of you and your PS4 using a yellow shirt and a plate saying "thanks Michael-5" to prove that this was the only obstacle between you and PS4.

Haha, don't do that.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
wilco said:
steverhcp02 said:

Well yeah but software authentication is tied to the hardware not the software itself. Thats like saying "okay the software is authenticated: success" and then your controller disintegrates. Sure your software is authenticated but if you dont have the hardware its pointless. The thread should be titled "So it turns out the PS4 doesnt allow unlicensed controller" because thats all it is. Software authentication tied to hardware is synonymous with the hardware not the software its running. They arent mutually exclusive. The process of authentication requires software because it in fact is a code but the hardware is what is being authenticated using the code, not the software required to authenticate.

If you truly don't see the underlying subtle point of this thread you're purposefully being obtuse. You construct many complete sentences and argue your point well even if it is not agreed upon by 95% of rational members of this community so I know you understand how to read between the lines of "so it turns out the ps4 does have software authentication"

So please stop ruining the reputation of one of my favorite bands, go buy a Xbox One and stop with this ridiculous ranting about using unlicensed peripherals on the PS4.

The fact that it is software authentication is important. It means that it can easily be patched. 

Stop worrying about the "reputation" of one of your favorite brands. Sony doesn't need you to defend their honor.

You misread my last sentence. I said band not brand. Jeff Tweedy deserves me defending his honor from this madness.

i love this thread so much!!

I love the controller as it fits my small hands so perfectly.