By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So it turns out the PS4 does have software authentication...

Raziel123 said:
*shrugs*
I don't mind using the best controller ever made

the 360 controller is leaps and bounds ahead of the ds4 in terms of quality and everything else

Around the Network
HaloReach2014 said:
Raziel123 said:
*shrugs*

the 360 controller is leaps and bounds ahead of the ds4 in terms of quality and everything else

No controller has anything on a Sidewinder Joystick.

.... this thread is funny. Originally it said DRM even though it wasn't DRM, not it's just 'they have software'. :P And then it turned into another pointless arguement over a subjective opinion on controllers. This place makes me smile sometimes.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
HaloReach2014 said:
Raziel123 said:
*shrugs*

No controller has anything on a Sidewinder Joystick.

.... this thread is funny. Originally it said DRM even though it wasn't DRM, not it's just 'they have software'. :P And then it turned into another pointless arguement over a subjective opinion on controllers. This place makes me smile sometimes.

i looked that up on amazon it is cool it is like a old controller but it is lots of money

Well I already said and you ignored... the reason none have complained and here in this thread you are the solely doing that is because you are the only one that supposely care about it.

And I gave you a option that you just said you wouldn't do... make your X360 controler work on PS4 by using the insides of it on the X360 shell.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Not a problem for me. I never much liked the PS3 controller (other than the analogue stick positioning), but the DS4 is seriously amazing. Definitely my second favorite controller of all time, just behind the GC.

It's understandably though. The DS4 has multiple functions that don't exit on the X1 controller. You wouldn't get far in inFamous: SS with one :p I suppose it would have been nice to have the option for those that want it (and for games that can support), but they likely thought it simpler to just not allow it.

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Raziel123 said:
*shrugs*

The X360 controller works with it?

I think he meant the wii u gamepad

lol @ this controller based DRM. That's funny.

Can you play with superior controllers in 8 minute chunks?

DonFerrari said:
And I gave you a option that you just said you wouldn't do... make your X360 controler work on PS4 by using the insides of it on the X360 shell.

You can't be serious about that. That will NOT work.

Michael-5 said:

You can use the PS3 controller & the 360-PC & any PC controller via bluetooth.

Do you have evidence of this?

steverhcp02 said:
wilco said:
steverhcp02 said:
Wouldn't this be a hardware authentication? Unless you don't hold the controller. I think the TC needs another edit but then it would be less "controversial". Oh the decisions.

How can hardware authenticate? Hardware can't do anything unless software is written that tells it what to do. The communication between the system and the controller is all software. 

Anyone who thinks the title is controversial is really overreacting.

Well yeah but software authentication is tied to the hardware not the software itself. Thats like saying "okay the software is authenticated: success" and then your controller disintegrates. Sure your software is authenticated but if you dont have the hardware its pointless. The thread should be titled "So it turns out the PS4 doesnt allow unlicensed controller" because thats all it is. Software authentication tied to hardware is synonymous with the hardware not the software its running. They arent mutually exclusive. The process of authentication requires software because it in fact is a code but the hardware is what is being authenticated using the code, not the software required to authenticate.

If you truly don't see the underlying subtle point of this thread you're purposefully being obtuse. You construct many complete sentences and argue your point well even if it is not agreed upon by 95% of rational members of this community so I know you understand how to read between the lines of "so it turns out the ps4 does have software authentication"

So please stop ruining the reputation of one of my favorite bands, go buy a Xbox One and stop with this ridiculous ranting about using unlicensed peripherals on the PS4.

The fact that it is software authentication is important. It means that it can easily be patched. 

Stop worrying about the "reputation" of one of your favorite brands. Sony doesn't need you to defend their honor.